Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My embed playlist is not updating

My embed playlist is not updating

I just created a new playlist to embed in my website, but everytime I add a new album in the app, it does not update in the website.

I already purged Wordpress cache but it doesn't change anything.

Isn't it a dynamic URL? Should I update it everytime the playlist content changes?

Thanks

8 Replies

Hey @shortyhouse,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

We'd suggest you give the steps mentioned here a go to see if anything changes.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Ver: This link is dead. I'm having the same issue. Can you try again with another solution?

Hey there @thejetsetter,

Thanks for flagging this.

I've updated the link in @Ver's post. You can also access it here. You can find more info on embeds here.

If you have more specific questions you can look for answers or create a new topic on the Developer Forums

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@shortyhouse and @thejetsetter I understand those "answers" are not helpful.  I'm running into the same issue myself and doing some debugging.  If you grab the Spotify URL in your embed code, and visit the Spotify page directly, does the Spotify page reflect the latest changes to your playlist?  If so, and your website does not, it may be a caching issue.  If you already tried to a HARD REFRESH of your site in your web browser to force a download of the latest content, and your site is still not updated, the stale data is likely due to a server side cache with your web host or CDN.  You will need to contact your website admin / webhost to get that cache flushed.  Going forward, adding code like this to your site may help:  

<meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate" />
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" />
<meta http-equiv="Expires" content="0" />

The source of the issue is, that everytime you update the playlist a new hash is generated and added to the playlist url. Without the hash you will always get the old or an older version of the playlist. So the embedd can never get the latest version of the playlist. Can we actually get an embedd without manually chaning the playlist embedd url?

I checked that again, and even using the newest URL with the new "si" does not update the playlist. It stays at the same state as before.

This needs to be fixed. Greatly undermines the purpose of embedding.

Edit: It seems the embedded content updates eventually, but takes a few hours or so (hard refresh / cache clear didn't work). Ideally it'd update immediately.

When I update the playlist, the offered embed code stays the same, so no new hash is created. I have tried several different changes to the playlist, like delete a song, add a song, change the title of the playlist. It is a cache of Spotify itself, because when I open the embedded url in a different browser, the old version also appears. The embedded playlist will probably update after a certain time and there is nothing we can do about it.

Suggested posts