Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify APP on LG Smart tv

Solved!

New Spotify APP on LG Smart tv

I have downloaded the new spotify app for LG smart tv this week. It works really nice. 

however I can not find the radio option? Anyone know how to get to it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

I spoke to the LG support line today and the tech guy confirmed that the app isn't available (even though Spotify says it is).

Apparently it was very briefly available but didn't work properly so was removed. He said that it's currently being tested and he estimated that it should be released in mid-July

Crap but at least we have an answer!!

Thanks

View solution in original post

83 Replies

There is no radio option on any of the spotify hardware partner devices presently. I'm not sure if this is something which will be made available in the future.

Are you in the US - I have a 2013 LG Smart TV and cannot locate the app on the web app store or on the TV app store.

Have you checked for a firmware update?

Yes - applied latest update. Still no Spotify app available on the TV and also no Spotify app listed on the LG Smart World app store online.

It seems like Spotify thinks they're available on LG 2013 Smart TVs but no one told LG...

It may not be available in all countreis yet - have you tried LG support?

Yes - they said this:

"Unfortunately since we are not the developers of the application it self we are unable to tell when that application is going to be ready for use. I'll advise you contact Spotify directly for more information about when they will make it available"

So I'm just confused as the Spotify support page says it is available and I just need to download it.

What country are you located in? We can get this escalated for you. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter__ I've just trawled the world's LG app stores and there is no spotify in any of them so I'm a bit confused by the first post. Maybe they just decided to pull it for some reason?

That's very possible! Wonder can we get confirmation from someone?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm in the US. It would be nice if Spotify would clarify or correct their support page.

I have just started to use the app in the Netherlands, saw it was available as of this week. Might have been in my TV for a while already under premium apps, there is no notification of new apps and unfortunately it is not positioned on one of the top rows like Netflix.

App is working fine, stable and music is streaming with proper quality. However under settings there is absolutely nothing to configure. I would love to be able to configure bit rate and let a screen saver (or turn off screen function) kick in. Having my TV on display all the time is literally a waste of energy in my opinion 🙂

But thanks anyway, because I really missed this app on my LG TV and now I am 100% satisfied with my TV and Spotify as a service. Had been contemplating with switching to Deezer which LG supported already, but great to be able to stick with Spotify now 🙂

BTW --> I own a LG 42LA6908

Yup it's new as of about a week or two ago - came with the most recent software upgrade. I'd like to see a 'turn the screen off' function too, just having a huge album cover on there is a bit useless.

I've updated to latest firmware (model 47LA660V) and no sign of the app yet.

I'm in Ireland.

Ditto here, no sign of the App what so ever in the premier section or app store thingy. I'm in ireland too. 42LA690V.

I own a LG 42LM620T and have been trying to figure out whether there is a spotify app available. Looks like I'm not the only one who can't seem to locate one, even though I hear that LG smart TVs now support Spotify. I am a premium member.

I really want this app to hurry up.

I'm getting sick of not being able to EASILY play my spotify music on my LG TV.

I'm in Australia.

I have a 2013 LG plasma and no sign of a Spotify app. Called LG helpdesk and they said that the plasma screens will get Spotify by the end of February (which has already been), while the LED screens already has it available. I'll believe it when I see it.

I have a 2013 LED and no sign of it yet...

I just changed the settings on my 2013 LG Smart Tv for the Premium Services to say I was n the Netherlands and there is definitley NO Spotify APP. Deezer is there so I think our friend who claims ot be using the Spotify appon his LG TV in the Netherlands is mistakingly using Deezer.

The app is not available in ANY app stores on line for LG WORLDWIDE.

So if anyone claims they are usign is could they post an image of spotify clearly on thier tv please?

Suggested posts