Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only allow certain devices to impact Discover Weekly?

Only allow certain devices to impact Discover Weekly?

Hey hey crew —

A few years back I was finding a ton of new music through Discovery Weekly, but then when my fiance and I moved in with each other I noticed the number of matches start to fade.

I finally put it together — she listens to music on our Google Home devices (which is linked to my Spotify account).  Her and I have fairly different tastes in music.  Is there anyway to _remove_ certain devices from what is put into the Discovery Weekly playlist?  I have to imagine this is an issue with other couples or parents with children.

— James

3 Replies

Hi there @murray8520,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

There's not possible to remove any specific device for the impact of your Discover Weekly playlist, or any playlists that's created for the account due to for an example listening habits. If you share an account we just want to mention that a Spotify account should be for one person. However we have a great solution for people that live together - Spotify Duo. You can check it out here 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

She's got her own account, its just mine is the one hooked up to all our
smart devices 🙂

Hey @murray8520,

Thank you for the clarification. 

In that case, we'd recommend logging out of your account from all the smart devices following the steps in this article. Then you can log back in just on your device using your email address and password. In case you have any issues logging in, we'd recommend taking a look at this article.

To avoid affecting your recommendations in the future, we'd suggest logging out of the speakers when you finish using them. If other family member want to use it, they can log in to their own account.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts