Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 not playing songs anymore

Solved!

PS4 not playing songs anymore

Hi guys, I recently downloaded Spotify on my PS4 and absolutely loved it. For the first couple of days it all ran smoothly. I decided to take the free month upgrade to Spotify Premium that the PS4 offered, and once i did that IMMEDIATELY things changed. Everytime i start a new song, the song immediately pauses and stops playing. Once in a while a song will play, but 90% of the time songs just keep pausing themselves before the songs even starts! This has now made Spotify unusable.

I have already tried restarting my PS4, deleted the app from the PS4 and downloaded it again a number of times, and my internet connection is fantastic and directly connected to my PS4 so it isn't the internet speed. When i play Spotify from my Macbook or my iPhone it all still runs smoothly, but just not on the PS4!

HELP!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try setting your ps4 MTU to 1450... It fixed it for me.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Solved : go to the Spotify on your PS4 then exit out and click close application then go back to Spotify and play any music

View solution in original post

78 Replies

Are you sure you're not using a different instance of Spotify on the same account playing somewhere (your phone, PC, etc)? I have no idea.

However, if you opted in for a trial, make sure to take advantage of premium NOT on the PS4 as it doesn't provide superior quality at all.

No this is only happening when i am using the PS4. and it is definetly not because of me using Spotify on another device because i am definetly not doing that. 

I'm also having this problem on the PS4, some songs play but most pause and cannot unpause.

And same as OP it was when I had signed up for 2 month Premium Trial.

It still works fine on my iPhone, Android, Mac and PC without any issue.

If this only works when not premium then i'll sadly have to cancel my subscription so please fix it.

yep we have the same problem. And i tried getting rid of the playstation spotify premium account, and you cant do it! you can cancel the automatic renewal, but you still have to go through the trial period that they offer you of Spoify Premium on the PS4 to begin with. This means that you cant even go back to how it used to be until the 1 or 2 month premium trial period ends! 

SOMEBODY HELP!!!

I'm also afected by this problem!
Spotify was working fine, but once I upgraded to premium it just became unusable!
Once I hit play, the song immeditaly pauses.

Tried to reinstall Spotify and it started to work again, but only for a few minutes. The same pause issue came up again!

It's happened to me before.

A simple uninstall and re-install did the trick

I tried that but alas no luck. Does Spotify have a contact so we know they are at least aware of the issue?

I have the same problem. Ι can use spotify from my phone and mac but when i am trying to listen music from ps4 the track goes to freeze and won't play anything ... 

Same problem for me too. It started a few months ago after previously being fine. I called Sony support after a response from Spotify. They suggested a database rebuild, found in ps4 safe mode. This hasn't worked, i'm still button mashing to get tracks to play.
I've noticed the spotify app file on ps4, is 90mb once installed. When redownloading the size of the download file in ps store is only 9mb. So the bulk of the file is never actually deleted after first download? Must be a way to delete the whole file and perform a completely fresh install??

I am too experiencing the same problem and it's very annoying! When playing music with Spotify on my phone it works perfectly, but the moment I try too connect my phone with my ps4 I'll stop and go on pause. Only when I repeatedly ( sometimes more then 10 times ) push the play button I'll play.

I've tried numerous of things to solve the problem.. Delete and reinstall the Spotify app on my ps4 and iPhone 6, reset the network connection on both devices, looked for updates etc etc.. But the problem still occurs.

Please help

I have been struggling with this for a while but figured it out. Uninstall Spotify, reinstall, connect to internet using WiFi (not lan like I use to have) then log in and all should be good. BTW I have a lan cable running to my room and have set up a second router for much stronger wifi connection only loose 1mb 😊hope this works for otheres

Not sure about others but since the free trial had stopped mine had started working again on the PS4.

Hi all, this is for sure a Bug on the system. I'm having the same issue after upgrading to premium version on my PS4 spotify plays only some songs. That's a pain in the ass, but I found a way to skip the bug: when you click the button Play and the button also R2 (X + R2) repeatedly and after a while the song start and all the compilation is properly played :).

I hope spotify team will provide soon a fix that is not a good introduction for a non free service, btw have fun and have a good year ___Pool___

I have same problem and i have tried all the above you tried and even more! I format my ps4 (Initialize PS4 option at settings of PS4 and neither this worked. So i decided to do a new account (free not premium) to listen just from my PS4 and works like a charm. So i have premium on my Android  and MAc and free at pS4. I listen to advertisments but it is the only solution. Spotify must update the app for PS4 ASAP.

I have the same problem. Spotify works fine on android and my PC, but on PS4 its really horrible!

Not only that I cant play most ot the songs, but also the shuffle feature doesnt work properly (in a big playlist it always takes the first ~ 20 songs and just stops after that)...

As I read in the forums here the problem is known for quite some time now (i read some post about this from nearly a year ago) but there is still no solution...too bad nobody seems to care =(

Same here. Sometimes it may work and I get in game music but most of the times it's buggy. Please guys fix this as it's an integral part of the whole experience.

I have also this problem when connected to my wifi router. NAT is open and everything else is working as it should, but not spotify.

It keeps pausing the songs all the time.

Only solution I have for now is to connect my PS4 over wifi hotspot on my phone and then it works flawlessly..

Also am experiencing this problem. At first it was perfect, and was the best thing about owning a PS4.

But after about a month now I can only play one song, then it will pause at the end of it and wont play again until I restart the app.... then it will only play one song again etc.

Tried everything under the sun.
Premium account.

I believe it has something to do with Spotify logging out of the account automatically. If I try to connect with my iPhone I can see the connection drops off sometime during this first song. 

I have reasurched this issues for hours and I can see many many people with the same problem stemming back over a year..... Im not holding my breath for a solution, as it looks like Spotify aren't to interested in fixing the bug. Im pretty sure Ill just have to cancell my subscription which is a shame

having this problem my self i noticed you can play music, just tap  x + r2 couple of times and it will work, it will shuffle songs without problems but thats it

Suggested posts