Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 not playing songs anymore

Solved!

PS4 not playing songs anymore

Hi guys, I recently downloaded Spotify on my PS4 and absolutely loved it. For the first couple of days it all ran smoothly. I decided to take the free month upgrade to Spotify Premium that the PS4 offered, and once i did that IMMEDIATELY things changed. Everytime i start a new song, the song immediately pauses and stops playing. Once in a while a song will play, but 90% of the time songs just keep pausing themselves before the songs even starts! This has now made Spotify unusable.

I have already tried restarting my PS4, deleted the app from the PS4 and downloaded it again a number of times, and my internet connection is fantastic and directly connected to my PS4 so it isn't the internet speed. When i play Spotify from my Macbook or my iPhone it all still runs smoothly, but just not on the PS4!

HELP!

78 Replies

Im having it without the primium

Same Problem here. I even did a Full Reset on my PS4  without any solution.

It seems to be a problem since the update of the PS4-Spotify-App, but returning to an older Version doesnt seem possible.

GLeiches Problem hier. Ich habe sogar einen vollen Reset der PS4 durchgeführt, ohne Erfolg.

Es scheint seit dem Update der PS4-Spotify-App dieses Problem zu geben, aber man scheint nicht zu einer älteren Version wechseln zu können.

Found a solution that worked for me at least! Have had this problem for about 3 weeks now and finally had enough and decided to get to the botttom of the problem. Went to my account settings (https://www.spotify.com/login/), and deleted an old phone from my devices list, leaving me with only 2 registered devices. Wasn't aware that Spotify only allows 3 offline devices (even though a ps4 is online) but I think the ps4 being a 4th device was screwing with it a bit. PS4 spotify app now works perfectly for me. Hopefully it works for everyone else

EDIT/UPDATE: Just tried using spotify again after rebooting both my ps4 and it's gone back to pausing again 😞

Thanks man works great

It has to do with the network, for some reason I tried with two different networks and it worked fine on one but not the other, must be a setting that is causing it or a bug with the app that makes it not work properly on certain networks.

It's a bug known since autumn at least! Spotify will you finally do something about it? If I want to play a song on spotify (wired with my hi fi system) through spotify connect it fails every time. You have to choose an album, choose a song, and hit Play button at least 20x times (LOL!!!). If it starts playing, pray it will end the album till the end! If you want to change the album, repeat the process, 10-20 times hit Play like a madman.

And don't even dare to hit "next song" button, it will disconnect and you will hace to repeat the procedure again

Reinstalling the App didn't work, creating new PS4 account and installing there also didn't work. And it has nothing do do with the network, what certain networks? I have a wireless router, all devices are using the same network. I had the sam problem in my other appartment with other PS4, also with good brand wireless router

I have only one device listed in "my offline" devices, so it's not related

It is really dissapinting Spotify, I am convincted that you are aware of this issue and done nothing yet

Will you at least give us ANY solution?

Marked as solution

Try setting your ps4 MTU to 1450... It fixed it for me.

Kudos to Jcee, changing the MTU to 1450 fixed it for me, too. Thanks!

How do you change the MTU

Hey @JEaster26,

That MTU can be changed in the PS4 Internet settings. A full guide can be found here.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Perfect result. Thanks for your input.

Will doing this slow down my connection speed or so anything else

Seems to be faster than ever since changing, for me atheist.

Alright cool it worked for me, cheers

i did the ps4 update , changed the mtu to 1450 and it's working fine ....

I've been struggling with this for ages. Music played fine on my Xperia Z3, trying to connect to PS4 took a few attempts and then it was pot luck if tracks would play or not. Searching these forums and saw the mtu discussions and manually changed it.
IT'S DONE THE TRICK (hopefully permanently), thanks.

Works just fine now with the MTU change!

**bleep****bleep****bleep** I love you man. Big up! Fixed with a change on the MTU. 1450 baby!

I have exactly the same issue.

I can hear all songs in my mobile/PC, but it is impossible to play any song in PS4, the songs just stop to play.

Change the MTU is not an option, this causes issues with the NAT

It works after changing MTU! Thanks!

Suggested posts