Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Personalized concert recommendations email - broken URL

Solved!

Personalized concert recommendations email - broken URL

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

(iPhone 8, HP EliteBook G3)

Operating System
(iOS 16.1.2, Windows 11)

My Question or Issue

Hi Jall,
I hope someone here can forward this to relevant people at Spotify!
Spotify has a "Personalized concert recommendations near you" email that is being distributed to their subscribers. Unfortunately for the last couple of months ( I have been trying to bring this to the attention of @SpotifyCares on Twitter since last year!) the URL that is supposed to redirect to the concerts is missing a dot, just a "dot"!
The link in the email (see two screenshots below) is broken, to be precise it is missing a proper placement of AdSense in their URL, and one dot "." has been removed.

Here is the link from the "SEE UPCOMING EVENTS" button:
screenshot1.jpg
https://wlspotify.com/ss/c/jB8Q9cVeEn3mlrUL0ylOydpZlNUPrZ2ld3efUbdGvDVH0NAswx2xLyiL7DJDtLsp/3sm/wIVz...
Which redirects to this webpage:
Screenshot2.jpg

Here is the link with dot placed where it should be in: wl.spotify.com instead of wlspotify.com - wl.spotify.com is Spotify's AdSense that counts the clicks, but it currently is not working so they can't get any stats 😞
https://wl.spotify.com/ss/c/jB8Q9cVeEn3mlrUL0ylOydpZlNUPrZ2ld3efUbdGvDVH0NAswx2xLyiL7DJDtLsp/3sm/wIV...

I have tried to flag this with @SpotifyCares for the last 4 months I think, I've reached out via LinkedIn to some people within Spotify - no change. 

I hope that maybe here someone will "spot" it and address/resolve this ongoing issue.

Screenshot2.jpg
screenshot1.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Yaskiersky,

Just wanted to let you know that our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed. Once again kudos for spotting and reporting this!

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello @Yaskiersky!

Thanks a lot for coming to the Community and putting effort to help fix this. I will escalate this so hopefully the relevant teams at Spotify can take a look.

I'll keep you posted, have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @Yaskiersky!

I can confirm the right developer teams have been notified. Thanks again for your help. Hopefully this will be solved as soon as possible.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi @Yaskiersky,

Just wanted to let you know that our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed. Once again kudos for spotting and reporting this!

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for all the help, for some reason this time the notification ended up in Spam 😞
Meanwhile, I got to chatting with an actual human being on Spotify via some chat, and I can attest that since the latest email with Concerts, it all works well. 
It only took me 6 months to flag this issue, and the Spotify Care on Twitter wasn't helpful that much, but hey, it's fixed!

Hey @Yaskiersky

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know 🙂

Fantastic news! If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts