Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts are not available

Solved!

Podcasts are not available

Plan

Premium

Country

RU

Operating System

iOS 14, Android 11, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I wanted to listen to some favorite podcasts through Spotify and realized that I could not find a single podcast.

Podcasts are not displayed in the search results, there are no podcasts in the Browse All section or on the home page. I tried Desktop app, web player, Android and iOS apps.

If I go directly to the podcast page being logged in it is completely empty, but if I log out - podcasts are there.

Is there any regional restriction on podcasts or setting that hid them?

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jacket_B,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We can confirm that regrettably podcasts are unavailable in some countries, Russia being one of them. That said, podcasts are an important part of Spotify. We are working to get our podcast offering up and running in Russia as soon as we are able. We're not able to set an exact timeframe for this, however we recommend that you always keep your app up to date with the latest version in order to make use of all fixes and improvements, as soon as they are available. 

Hope this info helps. The Community is always here for you if something else pops up.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Jacket_B,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We can confirm that regrettably podcasts are unavailable in some countries, Russia being one of them. That said, podcasts are an important part of Spotify. We are working to get our podcast offering up and running in Russia as soon as we are able. We're not able to set an exact timeframe for this, however we recommend that you always keep your app up to date with the latest version in order to make use of all fixes and improvements, as soon as they are available. 

Hope this info helps. The Community is always here for you if something else pops up.

Mihail Moderator

Hi
I have the same issue. What is the list of countries you do not provide podcasts for? I am in thailand and i do not see any podcasts here. I was in kazakhstan - same. 

So I wonder what is the list of countries?

Hi 

I have the same issue but I had access to podcasts before.  I recently changed countries. Where can I find a full list of countries where podcasts are not supported please?

Hey @Aymmen,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, if you wish, you can send us the country you're currently in, so we can check if podcasts are available there. As mentioned above, podcasts are not available in some countries.

Keep us in the loop! 

AlejaRModerator

hello, my question was about thailand and kazakhstan

Hi there @Slavavvv,

Thanks for the question. We can confirm that podcasts are available in Thailand but not in Kazakhstan.

Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

JoanModerator

Hello! What about Venezuela?

Hi @GuilleSanfuentes,

Thanks for the reply. Venezuela is also one of the exceptions where for the time being, podcasts are not available. Fingers crossed that this changes sooner rather than later. 

Let us know if you need anything else.

JoanModerator

Hi I am in the US and recently upgraded to premium and now have no access to Podcasts. They are no where to be found on Spotify and my saved episodes list is empty along with any playlists I had with podcasts saved.

I was listening to Podcasts frequently with a free account but the minute I upgraded they all disappeared. 

Hey @scottyjay

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried to find podcasts on another device? Could you check if this is happens on multiple devices or if its an isolated occurrence. 

We'd suggest to perform a clean uninstall of the app on the affected device - you can do so by following these steps. 

Hope that helps out, keep us posted if you need help. 

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

It is only on my phone. Apparently every time I try to pay it automatically puts my location in Venezuela. I do not have a VPN, I have never been to Venezuela, and this has happened twice. I deleted the app, cleared my cache, I have done everything imaginable and it still won't let me sign up for Premium without doing that. 

Hey @scottyjay,

Thanks for your reply.

You can change the country at the bottom of the Premium payment page, have you tried doing this?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts