Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Connect Facebook

Problem with Connect Facebook

I would mainly point out this topic is all about Facebook linking problems.

My spotify account is linked with my Facebook account, with the same problem I can't see my Facebook name and profile photo in my Desktop Spotify. I seen a topic saying you will be able to see your name after logout and login back, but for me the result still with my Spotify username. But I can see my Facebook friends' activity who I first time linking my Facebook with the Find friend option which I consider the Facebook linking is still working fine. But now I can't access the Find frined option with the error "Sorry, We coundn't load friends to follow". I remember there's more friend I did not follow. And I noticed on the Social session in Settings, it stills ask me to Connect to Facebook instead Disconnect from Facebook.

This is the error that i found very viral.

On the phone side. I also can't access to Connect to Facebook. It just black screen without knowing is my account linked with facebook or not.

And the video attachment below, the first 5 second blackscreen is the login menu (where my recorder seems to be can't display the popup) I tried login with Facebook, at first I cannot see the Connect to Facebook, but once I wanted to reopen my Spotify, it appears back which quite similar to Desktop version.

Please fix all the relevent problem about linking with Facebook.

Plan

Free

Device

Huawei Phone

Operating System

Android 8

2 Replies

Hey @dragonvl97.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list.

Keep in mind that it can take up to 48 hours and you might need to log out and back in before you see all changes.

Hope it will work! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Ya I think was the Process Facebook data feature. Thank for the solution!

Appreciate the help!

Suggested posts