Premium

Country

USA

Device

Computer

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

I like to use the playlist radio feature to find new songs for my playlist, but recently I can't find the option anymore on my computer. I used to just press the ellipses to the right of the 'play/pause' button on the playlist, then I would press the 'go to playlist radio' button. But now I don't see that option, while I do still it on my android phone. Where is it?

140 Replies

The Status UPdate above is not an answer at all ; the provided link doesn't explain in any way why we'remissing the creation of a radio from an existing playlist.

This feature doesn't exist anymore, please bring it back on the contextual menu of playlists (on the desktop app)

What's funny is I still have some "Radio from playlist" in my recently listened Radio.

Hey Playlistradio is back! Im so Happy about this!

• Playlistradio is back ! Thanks spotify. i stay in Premium.

Still no changes on the Mac app 🤨

"Playlistradio is back !"

Not for me at least!
It's still there, on one of my phones, but as soon as I try to use it I get "No internet connection"

How many votes is needed to make it an issue?

You could probably remove most of the functions without having the average user reacting & making it an issue!?

If some people are seeing it back.. that means the Spotify team are doing it selectively to guage reaction.. which is annoying.. how about I selectively cancel my premium membership to gauge response? I still don't see it on desktop.

I only discovered this yesterday (coming back to normal usage after spending Christmas listening to (almost) one playlist only). On Linux (1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b), the context menu option is gone, and there is also no button in the «Radio» section to create new radios. Luckily, it still shows the radios I have recently listened to (so the functionality is still there).

Playlist radios are available on my Android app (version 8.4.88.150). I don't know if it has been gone and then come back (I don't use the app that much).

An interesting remark: Using a playlist radio, it is easy to create an artist/song/album radio by simply making a playlist containing only that artist/song/album and starting a playlist radio. The reverse is not possible.

I had it back for a short while, but now it is gone again. This means this has nothing to do with what version is installed. They turn it off or on for certain users selectively. 

I don't stand it. As a protest I've stopped following any Spotify managed playlists. 

So an update: They've changed the behaviour in ONLY android 8.4.84.874+ that you can create playlist radios from your own playlists (no one elses, and no curated playlists, only your own). All other platforms still have this feature removed. Please open support cases per the instructions here and upvote the issue as well https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Radio-Bring-back-Playlist-Radio-context-me...

I am now on version 8.4.88.150, Android version, and Playlist Radio is gone again. I hate it. Playlist Radio fits my preferences so much better than any Spotify-generated playlist or radio. Don't mess around with this, Spotify. Bring it back!

I hate it! Playlistradio is gone again! I NEED PLAYLISTRADIO! I contacted Service and they returned it for only 2 days to make a joke with me ?!?! It's not funny I really start to hate spotify.  

Please bring it back!!! Why would you remove a perfectly good working functionality like this? It makes no sense Spotify! I've been a loyal customer for years, please don't let me down!!!

It **bleep** well is an issue! 

Removal of the Playlist Radio feature is removing the #1 reason I've been a Premium Subscriber for the last 3 years! 

YOU DO NOT JUST REMOVE FEATURES THAT PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR!!!

Bring this feature back please! It's incredibly useful to start a radio based upon a playlist. 

I have the same issue in the most recent Linux snap. The proposed workaurond is to go to the Radio tab and manually create the playlist radio there. However, the 'Create playlist' button has also been removed from the Radio tab in the Linux snap.

All I can do as a workaround is sync the desktop with my Android app, where I still have the playlist radio button. This is seriously annoying, since I was using this feature all the time.

Spotify version: 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b

Missing features: Go to playlist radio from a playlist & No 'Create playlist' in the Radio tab

You'd think that after 10 pages of comments and more than 100 votes complaining about the removal of this feature they'd reinstate it, but I guess they don't care much for users 🤷‍♂️

IT'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK'S SPOTIFY!

It seems like they turn it on and off randomly. Some days it is there, and sometimes not. I don't feel sure that it's back just yet. The silence from Spotify officials on the matter makes the return of Playlist Radio anecdotal at best.

This is pathetic and the response is pathetic. Playlist radio is the only way I managed to make Spotify usable. Taking it away from people is ludicrous, shortsited, embarassing, sad, etc. 
I tell everyone I know to not use spotify, I actively encourage people to look for other services. I am shopping around now, trying to find a way to unlink Hulu and Spotify. 

Suggested posts