Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recover Official Spotify Playlist

Solved!

Recover Official Spotify Playlist

I logged in this morning to find that one of my favorite official playlists, Muted Jazz, had been deleted! Is there a way to recover an official playlist? I checked the "Recover Playlists" section in my account but it was not listed (I was just a follower after all).

Is there an archive of official playlists anywhere? I loved that playlist. Several of the songs made it into my top tracks of 2020 just based on playing it. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same happened to me with the New York Jazz Vibes official playlist 😓
I have managed to fully and manually recover it because I listened to it on my phone so I turned Spotify into offline mode and then I could see into the playlist because of the cache (if you don't turn into offline mode the app will try to download the info and you won't be able to see anything).

Hope maybe this can help you 😁🤗

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @JoeZarro,

Thank you for your post in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

This can happen if the user who created the playlist delete the playlist or their account. We're sorry to hear that it effects you.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

Same happened to me with the New York Jazz Vibes official playlist 😓
I have managed to fully and manually recover it because I listened to it on my phone so I turned Spotify into offline mode and then I could see into the playlist because of the cache (if you don't turn into offline mode the app will try to download the info and you won't be able to see anything).

Hope maybe this can help you 😁🤗

Hey Jeremy!

Thank you for the reply. The main reason I created the topic because the creator of the playlist was Spotify itself! I was hoping there would be some mechanism by which to recover something curated by Spotify.

Raulpb00... you are my hero. This actually worked out great! Threw the app into Offline mode and because I hadn't yet unfollowed the playlist it loaded up the cached version! I went in and threw every track, one-by-one, into a copy of the playlist.

You are incredible.

Hey @JoeZarro

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We’re happy to hear that putting the app in offline mode as @raulpb00 suggested fixed this issue for you. 

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Еnjoy your music!  

Suggested posts