Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search keyboard no longer loads on Sony Smart TV

Solved!

Search keyboard no longer loads on Sony Smart TV

My Question or Issue

After a recent update of the Spotify App on my Sony Bravia Smart TV, the search function no longer works correctly. At first it started loading the Google speech search rather than the keyboard option - now it just doesn't load either - meaning I can not search at all.

It seems like the Google voice search is meant to load, but doesn't. When I press one of the letter/number keys on the TV remote, it turns Spotify off.

The below picture shows where normally the keyboard or Google search option would normally pop up - but nothing happens.

spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well, not sure how - but mine is now fixed. And I'm happy to say, with a much improved search function than previously. 

Spot.jpg

View solution in original post

13 Replies

HI

Have you find any solution yet?

Have the same problem

I uninstall it and install it back, still same problem I reboot the smart tv, still same thing

If I find a solution I will let you know...think is a glitch......

Same problem, this is a temp fix that works for me:

Go to spotify search bar in app. 
Now press the home button on your remote.  Click back into the Spotify App in home screen, and the keyboard should now be up. 

I was just about to post here, I have the same problem on my Sony 950H TV. I click on Search, it goes to the search box, but I can't get a keyboard to come up to actually enter something to search for.

Same issue here. I even have a physical keyboard too. Just ignores it.  This bug needs to be fixed please!

I'm also having this problem. I've tried reinstalling etc without success. Consequently I'm on unable to search for anything via my TV.

Same problem here.

Sony 65XE9005. Android 8.0.0.

Spotify version 1.33.0.

All other apps on TV works fine and keyboard popup.

Marked as solution

Well, not sure how - but mine is now fixed. And I'm happy to say, with a much improved search function than previously. 

Spot.jpg

Hi, much thanks, I have just tried mine and all functioning OK now. Not sure yet about improved functionality but will check and post again later accordingly. For now, I'm well happy to get search functionality back. 

I confirm as well. Keyboard appears.

I still have this issue. It’s **bleep** annoying.

Hey there @Huothar,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

As a first step, try logging out, unplugging your TV for a few seconds and plugging it back, and logging back in.

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend reinstalling the app.

It's also worth restarting your router to check if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Issue still present. Seems it’s a compatibility problem with my Logitech keyboard that only the Spotify app has.

ref: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-TV-External-Keyboards-Not-Working-Since-GUI-Update/...

This was marked as the Solution to the keyboard problem.  But there is no text.  Help me ?

Suggested posts