Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - Multiroom

Spotify Connect - Multiroom

I've got spotify premium and I'm using spotify connect to cast audio from an android phone to a google chromecast audio

I also regularly listen from my desktop.

If spotify would allow me to stream the same audio to my chromecast audio and desktop player simeltaneously I'd have a ready built whole home audio system.

I think it would be amazing to be able to spotify connect to any and all devices on my account simeltaneously. a gigantic value add to spotify if they can master this.

6 Replies

Hey @astuckens, thanks for posting! 

I also agree this would be a great feature, there's a live idea which suggesting this, you can add your vote and comments in support there ; )

While it's been marked as "Not Right Now", Spotify staff periodically review these ideas for feedback, and may choose to implement them in future

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

A solution that works now: Connect another Chromecast Audio to any aux-enabled speaker, and you have multi-room synced connectivity. They're £25 here: https://www.mymemory.co.uk/google-chromecast-audio.html 

Except. It doesn’t work. Expect lots of dropouts. Long chats with support about it never happened before but here’s a fiddly list of things you can try. Deleting reinstalling test accounts. Blah blah. Not robust. Not acceptable. My CCAs lasted less than a day before I returned to google. 

I have 5 CCAs. Grouping works flawlessly in sync. Once in a while, if it takes a while for the Spotify app to connect to a CCA, choose "This phone" first, and then the CCA again. Extremely happy with my purchase(s).

sync is flawless - both dropout at same time!

Pleased to hear yours work - I wish mine did but they dont. Now where's the parcel tape?

🙂 Before you wrap it up: If you can choose between 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ on your network, choose 5 GHZ.

Suggested posts