Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect does show but doesn't connect to Heos device

Spotify Connect does show but doesn't connect to Heos device

Hello all, Spotify,

I've installed quite a few Spotify Connect devices and usually it goes all fine. However, I now have a customer and a Heos device with a spotify connect problem.

In the iPhone (iPhone 4, iOS 7 latest version available, latest Spotify app), Spotify Connect devices do show up, including the Heos device and the Spotify desktop app on a Windows 7 computer. Controlling the latter works fine. However, with Heos it keeps on trying to connect but fails to complete this process. On other locations the Heos device works fine (I've also tried a different model, same issue, all latest firmware).

The router is a TP-Link WR740Nv4 running latest firmware (hooked up directly to an adsl modem. UPnP enabled, firewall disabled. Setting up portforwarding as described in the spotify router sections seem a strange as port forwarding is usually set to an internal address rather than an external address. Considering the firewall is disabled I guess this part is irrelevant.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? This is the second time I've come accross this issue and I intend to fix it this time.

Kind regards, Maarten

edit) the phone works fine with Spotify Connect on other locations

2 Replies

I am having the same problem with my Heos device. I have an iPhone 6 and the Heos device shows up on the Spotify connect network but will not link through the mobile app.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

I've come across two solutions:

- Make a backup via iTunes or iCloud of device, wipe the iPhone and reinstall the firmware. Though, I mainly experienced that with older iOS devices, probably due to the amount of incremental updates... so not sure it would work for an iPhone 6 but perhaps worth the try.

- Some router don't support multicast... or (strangly enough) only support one device multicasting. In either case you'll need a new router. Especially the cheap models/brands suffer from these and similar problems, provider supplied models or below €/US$35.

Hope this helps...

Suggested posts