Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Not playing, random username

Spotify Not playing, random username

So my spotify has been not working. I tried reinstalling, resetting my whole laptop. but it's not working and I need help.

Whenever I open spotify, it shows some random username, and I can only click the left handed side panels and nothing else, I can't

unknown-10.png

play any songs, no error messages or anything. I tried to do everything listed on the Internet but nothing seems to work. please help

2 Replies

Hi there!

About the random username:

Is the account you're opening on your screen your account?

On your account, did you have a Display Name? - if not, then your username will contain random numbers and letters as it is used to identify you on Spotify. But, you can add a Display Name to replace your username on Friend Activity, Playlists, and so on.

As for the "Spotify not Working" problem,

1. Try clear reinstalling, (different from just reinstalling) and you can find the steps here. 
  2. Try updating the Spotify app. You can do so by following these steps. 
  3. Or, use the Web Player for the time being.  https://open.spotify.com 

Hope this helps, and let me know how it goes!

Hey there @Blitzier

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know if you've tried the steps @AyuTheHuman sent? If so, let us know if they worked for you. 

If the issue still persists, could you check if you have entries containing Spotify in your host files and delete those? Once you delete them, restart your PC. 

You can follow this Spotify Answer for instructions.

Additionally, we don't recommend sharing private info such as the username/display name of your account in the Community. In this case, we suggest that you edit your post and delete that info.

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts