Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify not playing sound on PS5

Spotify not playing sound on PS5

Plan

Pemium

Device

(PlayStation 5)

My Question or Issue

Spotify on my PS5 has stopped playing tracks. When playing, the track shows to be playing (the time/progress bar moves) but no sound plays. 

Spotify works on all my other devices, but it suddenly stopped playing on my PS5.

I've restarted the console, deleted & reinstalled the app and logged out & in, but nothing has resolved the issue. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

11 Replies

Hi there @forumpy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Could you try restarting your router by unplugging it for a couple of minutes?

If that doesn't make any difference, can you let us know if you're using an external audio output, like a speaker or a sound bar, or just the TV's speakers?

Lastly, make sure that there aren't any Spotify or system updates pending.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

I tried disconnecting from the internet and reconnecting, but that didn't help. 

I'm running an aux cable from my TV to my speakers. However, all other sounds from the PlayStation 5 work fine, it's just Spotify that isn't playing any sound. 

Thanks. 

Hey @forumpy,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, did you get to restart the router itself? This may sound simple but it often helps with a variety of issues.

Additionally and just to check, could you disconnect your TV from the speaker to see if the same happens? We're trying to narrow down what the root cause of the issue might be.

Lastly, is this only happening on the PS5 Spotify app, or does it also happen if you use Connect to play on the PS5 from a remote device, like your phone?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

I've tried both of these things (restarting router and unplugging the speaker system) but nothing has solved this. 

This is also a problem both when using the PS5 app exclusively, and when using Connect. 

Hey @forumpy,

Thanks for the reply.

You can try connecting a different Spotify account to your PS5 to test if it works there. This will help us check whethet the issue can be account related at all.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Don’t know if you are still having this issue, but I had the same problem. Found that for whatever reason, the sound on the PlayStation’s media volume was off. Try hitting the ps button on your controller, then going to sound, then down to media. Hope that helps!

Thanks that worked for me appreciate ya big dog

clutch!

super clutch! 

THANK YOU I **bleep**INF LOVE YOU

I just had this problem and found that my spotify was connecting on my phone too. What worked was making sure the volume on my phone was turned up all the way

Suggested posts