Premium free trial

Country

France

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Hello,

I'm creating this thread today because I'm running out of solutions. I have been using the Spotify web player for a long time, and decided to swap to the app player due to issues with Nvidia. After a while of use on the app player, I started adding local tracks, and I've noticed that after this, Discord has completely stopped showing any track that is playing, no matter if they are local or not. I've also noticed that the "download" function didn't work once.

I've tried all options I've found on those boards, uninstalling and reinstalling, disconnecting and reconnecting, nothing worked.

I'd like to detail that I do have "Share my listening activity on Spotify" ticked on, and also that if I go on the web player again, everything works fine and my tracks show on Discord while it still doesn't on the app player, however I have this issue with Nvidia that won't let me enjoy the web player fully, so I would rather fix the latter.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

4 Replies

Hey @Aσ,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'll be happy to help out so that you can enjoy the Spotify Desktop app to the fullest. In order to do so, could you give us a bit more detail about your setup:

• Does the Discord Status update if you disable Local Files on the Desktop app?
  • Are you using any kind of VPN or externally managed network (School/ Work) or any type of specific firewall? Some network management tools might block networking ports required for the proper functionality of the Desktop app.
  • Are you using the app from the MS store or from the Spotify Website?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Alex,

I have tried to disable my VPN, to no avail, I then downloaded the Windows Store app (as I was using the one from the Spotify website), and everything got into working order.

Thanks a bunch!

Hello,

As it turns out, it wasn't exactly the solution.

Altough the clean install of the app through the Windows store worked, as soon as I restarted my PC, it happened again, and from now on every time I reboot it, the Discord status won't show up.

For it to work again, I need to do a clean reinstall, restart my pc and then the status will show up again, but I will not do this every time I'm restarting my system.

Any definitive solutions?

Hi there @Aσ,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop here.

We understand taht this reinstall limbo is not an optimal solution for you. We've done some digging around the Community threads and found one here, where the users have found a solution for a similar situation with the desktop app. Take a look and see if this could help in your situation as well. 

Also keep in mind that any VPN or ad-blocking services that run on your system might be influencing the normal behavior of the app and its integrations and that is why their usage alongside Spotify isn't recommended and is not being supported. 

If nothing here helps, then we could advise you to also reach to the support team of Discord, to see if they can provide you with a definitive solution.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any further questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts