Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing through HEOS speakers during second song

Spotify stops playing through HEOS speakers during second song

New Problem after many moons of no trouble: First song plays well on HEOS, part way in to second song, the song continues to progress in the app but no longer a sound on HEOS speakers. Other HEOS music servers (Pandora, Amazon) play without incident from same phone via HEOS app. Have reset, reinstalled, restarted, and retried (from same and different devices) with no success.
93 Replies

If you want to disable new firmware checks, just block “production.ws.skyegloup.com” address resolution on your router and restart the HEOS device. I have done this and it works for me - at least I am able to use the HEOS app with the old factory firmware 😉

The July update of HEOS has a lot of improvements on Spotify. They did not solve all issues for Heos-5 box. It works much better now (pairing, selecting different sources). I'm a happy Spotify user. So please Sound United (Denon, HEOS) let it not happen again. Your customers are your supporters!

I had errors only on one Heos amp HS1 connected wired to my Asus Mesh wifi setup. Finally, today found an update of firmware 2.47.470 (r199476) for all my Heos devices (HS1 and HS2). Issue with Heos Anp HS1 s fixed for me. I was able to listen to two songs without any breaking.

Unfortunately, I do not see much difference in the latest firmware for my Heos 5 HS1. Sometimes it plays for an hour without any problem, sometimes it can’t play single song. Reverting to the stock firmware, again 😬

Excellent suggestion! I will try this if the latest firmware update did not fix the issue for me.

BTW: The release note say the issue with Spotify should be resolved for old Heos Devices: 

• Improvement: Playback of Spotify can lead to high CPU load sometimes with HEOS HS1 models and this in turn can lead to audio drops.

See https://support-uk.denon.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3832/~/latest-heos-app-and-firmware-update-avai...

Hi, can you point me to documentation how to revert to the stock firmware?

I can confirm I have the exact same issue as described here. I have a HEOS 3 and a HEOS Homecinema speaker (all first gen devices) and in general I am unable to play more than one song via Spotify connect without interruptions. All my devices already have the latest firmware (2.47.470) so that doesn't fix anything. I also tried both wifi and wired connections on my HEOS 3: also didn't make any difference. I just emailed Denon support and pointed them to this thread, so let's see what their reply will be.

I did just figure out a sort of workaround: I also have a HEOS Link second gen device, which has no issues with spotify connect. If I play spotify on the Link and then group one of the other devices with the Link I can listen without interruptions. Far from ideal, but at least it works...

I’ve updated my devices and as long as I don’t combine them in groups it seems to work. Fingers crossed it will continue to work with future updates

I am usung a Denon AVR-X1500H (heos play). Firmware version: 3700-4174-1074-7040. The Spotify stream of a song suddenly stops and the next song is started. Does the firmware error also relates to my receiver?

Just tested my Heos 1 (1gen) with v 2.47.470 and spotify is working again! The Heos is connected via Wifi. I did not test if grouping is working again but at least I could use a recent version without blocking the firmware update server again. So definitely worth a try!

Correction: it became unreliable after 20min. I had to change the volume on the Heos 1 itself and it reacted very slow, followed by a purple/red blinking (it was probably rebooting itself?). Guess I'll revert that one back to its original firmware and keep my HomeCinema Bar updated to the latest. Pretty lame for such expensive devices...

The v2.47.470 update hasn't made it any better, at least not with grouped speakers.
After an unstable initiation it seems to work well for a while, but then suddenly it drops both speakers (tried two pairs, HEOS 1 and HEOS 3) and is just as bad as it used to be.
I have noticed that they sometimes get reconnected when a new song starts but it usually doesn't last for more than a few minutes.

FWIW, the 2.47.471 update was installed twenty minutes ago.
Like .470 it was unstable when first started but it has been working fine for several minutes now. 😊
Will keep you posted.

Yesterday I was rather optimistic about the new .471 update.
I left music running on my HEOS 3 pair and it worked without interruption for hours (well, to be honest I wasn't near them all the time so there may have been small drops), and I was really hopeful.
Today, it is worse than ever. 😠
It started quite promising on the HEOS 3 pair but didn't take more than a few minutes until mayhem started.
Now I cannot even get it to connect to them (sometimes not even listed in the app) and I can only hear small fragments of music when I try the HEOS 1 pair.

How is it possible to screw something up so completely as they (Denon) have with Spotify Connect?
What efforts were made to make it go from pretty solid into a complete disaster?

Oh look, they’ve fixed my volume control issue:

• Fixed: Major delay with volume control while streaming from Spotify to HEOS HS1 catagory products.

guess I’ll give it another try.

Sorry Denon (if you read this 🙄) and all that have the disappearing sound issue, I may have spoken too soon.
The 2.47.471 update seems to work fine after restarting (not reinstalling) all speakers. 😊

Will continue testing while waiting for others to confirm.
(as I wrote this, the sound disappeared shortly a couple of times and the volume also went down a little, so maybe it still isn't perfect?)

Unfortunatly balance is off on HEOS amp 😖

Denon support responded to me yesterday, telling me about the 2.47.471 firmware update which came out 2 days ago. They claim this should solve the Spotify connect issues and at least I have now been able to play on my HEOS 3 HS1 for about 2 hours without any interruptions. So I'm cautiosly optimistic about the latest update, but we'll see how it turns out in the long run. I did notice that this 471 update seems to be specifically for first gen (HS1) devices: my HEOS Link HS2 is still on 470.

We’ll it’s still failing for me. Can’t start a playback to the HEOS 1, even when it rebooted. And yes it looks like a specific version for hs1 devices since my homecinema hs2 is still on 470

Don’t know if it makes a difference, but I upgraded mine from the factory default firmware rather than whatever the previous version was.

It seems pretty much fully fixed now for me, the volume up/down is a little laggy but can cope with that if music doesn’t drop. 

Does anyone know if the Firmware updates of the Denon AVR-s with Heos on board are also involved in this track? Mine is still on the Firmware version: 3700-4174-1074-7040.

Suggested posts