Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing through HEOS speakers during second song

Spotify stops playing through HEOS speakers during second song

New Problem after many moons of no trouble: First song plays well on HEOS, part way in to second song, the song continues to progress in the app but no longer a sound on HEOS speakers. Other HEOS music servers (Pandora, Amazon) play without incident from same phone via HEOS app. Have reset, reinstalled, restarted, and retried (from same and different devices) with no success.
93 Replies

I am experiencing same problems. It happened overnight about two weeks ago. All was good for about 6 months since I bought the amp with Heos, and suddenly no sound with songs still playing in the Spotify app, and/or skipping songs. Not all, just some (which is really annoying!). 
My solution for now is to play Spotify via my TV which is connected to the amp , or via Airplay. 

I have inserted an issue @Denon support. But they only come back with standard answers. Does anyone have a better way of getting the attention on fixing the issue? The issue appears on all the 3 of my receivers: AVR-X1400H, AVR-X1500H and the Denon CEOL. And it worked good just only until a month+ ago. 

Sound United's (HEOS/Denon) marketing strategy is straightforward: they want to sell sound equipment and nothing more. They don't see the value of their existing customers. The fans, who have HEOS/Denon because they like good sound, those who can tell the HEOS/Denon story, are unimportant to them. No communication with and no support for their customers. HEOS/Denon strategy: 'You paid and no nagging afterwards'. I'm not a marketing guru, but I doubt this will be a winning strategy going forward. Their software is a mess and no solutions. For months now. So, is Denon a good investment?

I want Spotify, I like the app and can't live without music. A few years ago I had 1 small problem with Spotify. They supported me and contacted me directly. And the next update fixed the problem. That is service and makes me a fan of Spotify! I like Spotify because they value me as a customer. Where can you find the HEOS/Denon community? Listening to customers is not their strategy. Find out for yourself! There are plenty of good alternatives...

It's sad, what's odd to me is that it works fine for pandora and other options.  but as of 90 days ago Spotify stopped working.  I'm not going to replace $5K in stereo equipment over it networking with Spotify.  I'll replace my $12 a month Spotify subscription with something that works with Heos. 

For those of you who experience the disappearing sound issue and have first generation HEOS speakers, try installing the 2.47.471 update (which I believe is available for the first generation only) to see if it makes any difference.
For me, it is not 100% stable but definitely an improvement.

Connecting to the speakers (a pair of HEOS 1 or a pair HEOS 3) may take a while and there is often a jagged or stuttering sound before they get properly connected, but then it usually works for hours without any problem.
There have been a few times where the music disappeared but it works pretty good generally.

Same here. Last update 2.47.471 works much better. For HEOS HS1 it works also much better. Grouping is OK, no hanging errors anymore. Switching also fine. Even Spotify works! Hope future updates of App and firmware will never again be such a mess. At last, after months of troubles, thanks Denon. 

I sold my Heos 1 HS1 now. It was not possible for me to get it properly working 🤷‍♂️

I had a lot of communication with Denon and Spotify. The trick for me to solve the "skipping the song and play the next track", was by updating as well as the Heos App as the Spotify App on my mobile device. The problem disappeared as snow heated by the sun. ☀️ ❄️ 

months of trouwde with spotify, streaming to soundbar impossible,  it will start stuttering, if i stream to couple of heos3 w/o soundbar one of the boxes may fail to join and takes me so much time to do all the restart or even reset to get it back working

sorry denon, it's just awfull, this was my last sell of your products, never again

Again problems with connecting Heos Amp to Spotify. It is still a mess.

Denon: when are you taking customers more serious?

I’m on the newest update released 3/11/2023 and I’m still having problems grouping my speakers with Spotify…

what gives???

Basically it runs fine for 2 minutes and if I adjust anything at all in the HEOS app…. It stutters and stops… music bar is still running, but no sound…

no if I move the music slider around a few seconds sound is back…

Network is running fine…

must be a HEOS glitch.

Long time since I posted here, and I suppose it's a sign that the speakers have been working pretty good lately.
Still not perfect, they do disappear once in a while but generally it's acceptable.

Here's the latest (15.03.23)  firmware according to Denon, by the way:

HEOS iOS App (2.98.130)
HEOS Android App / Kindle Fire App (2.98.130)
HEOS Firmware: HS2 devices (2.98.130)
Households with only HS1 devices will remain on version 1.583.147 (U25.10)
Households with both HS1 and HS2 devices, HS1 devices will remain on 2.71.510 (U29.3)

I do have both HS1 and HAS 2 devices and the recent firmwares are 2.71.510 and 2.98.130

For what it's worth. 😉

My problem is that I have a full hs2 system connected with an Orbi…

3 x heos 7 hs2s

1 HEOS 1 hs2

3 HEOS subwoofers hs2s

Whenever all speakers are grouped

and I play Spotify, I get an error and the entire system goes down…

if you have one speaker giving problems… can it make the system go down and how would you know which one it is?

thanks ahead.

My

lowest signal quality strength on a speaker is at 53. All the rest are 75+

I read at minimum 50 is the lowest one should  have.

help.

Suggested posts