Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify verbindet sich nicht mehr per Chromecast built-in mit Onkyo AV Receiver

Spotify verbindet sich nicht mehr per Chromecast built-in mit Onkyo AV Receiver

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Deutschland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hallo,

seit einigen Tagen verbindet sich Spotify nicht mehr vom PC über das Chromecast built-in mit meinem Onkyo AV Receiver. Ich habe nichts an den beiden Geräten verändert und der Receiver wird immer noch angezeigt. Wo die Verbindung noch funktioniert hatte wurde sie nur sehr langsam hergestellt. Allerdings funktionierte sie dann.

Ich habe inzwischen den WLan Adapter Treiber gelöscht und neu installiert. Dann habe ich den PC vollständig heruntergefahren um alle Treiber neu laden zu lassen, aber es hat beides nicht geholfen.

Ich kann mir nicht erklären wo das Problem jetzt liegt und hoffe hier auf Antworten.

chromecast-built-in.jpg
19 Replies

Habe das selbe Problem seit heute mit meinem Android Smartphone.

Same here, seit ein paar Tagen kann ich nicht mehr über die Spotify App am Smartphone Spotify auf der Chromecast starten. Habe es auch über das Tablet probiert (JA! Es wurde alles neu gestartet! Sogar ChromeCast und Router zurückgesetzt)

Über meinen Laptop mit dem gleichen Konto und im gleichen WLAN funktioniert es aber.

Screenshot_2020-11-03-16-47-44-757_com.spotify.music.jpg
pc.png

Habe das gleiche Problem. Chromecast wurde zurückgesetzt, hat leider nichts gebracht. Getestet mit 2 ios Geräten und einem Android Gerät. 

Spotify.jpg

Hallo zusammen

Mein Mitbewohner und ich haben beide das selbe Problem, auf unseren beiden Chromecast Geräten. Es wird auch jeweils die Meldung "Spotify nicht installiert" angezeigt, sowie bei mehreren hier.

Ich habe hier irgendwo gelesen, dass man da wohl die App neu installieren muss. Allerdings kenne ich mich mit Chromecast als Gerät nicht aus. Bei mir läuft alles über das Chromecast built-in meines Receivers.

Habe die App sowohl auf dem Smartphone als auch am Tablet gelöscht und neu installiert. Alle Spotify Daten vom Handy und Tablet gelöscht. Hat nichts gebracht.
Auf der Chromecast kann man nichts installieren, das ist nur ein Streamstick.
Wie gesagt, vom Laptop funktioniert es. Schätze es liegt an der Android-App.

Hey there folks!

Glad to have you on the Community. Hope you don't mind us answering in English 🙂

We can confirm that our tech teams are aware of this happening and are currently looking into things. If you're still experiencing this issue, we'd suggest you add your +VOTE to this thread and follow the instructions in the Status Update

We'll make sure to pass your info on to the right folks to investigate this further!

Keep us posted and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. 

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I have try this threat, but it dosn´t work. About this I open this threat. For english readers... I had reinstall WLan driver and other. The devices be in the same network and the firmware of my Receiver be up to date.

Hallo,

ich habe den Support nun kontaktiert und wollte Screenshots anfertigen. Komischer Weise funktioniert alles wieder. Durch die Liste der Angaben die ich schicken sollte habe ich den Verdacht, dass es mit dem löschen des Spotify Cache zusammen hängt. Ich habe CCleaner genutzt der den Musik und Daten Cache löscht. Wäre nett, wenn das mal einer von euch testen würde.

Bis dahin.

Danke....

Hi there @A-lex,

Thanks for keeping us up to date with this one and sharing that clearing the cache with CCleaner has worked for you.

Currently we can't reproduce this on our end to test it but we'll be on the lookout for reports from other users.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Bei mir geht es seit geraumer Zeit auch nicht mehr, weder vom Smartphone noch vom PC aus. Spotify versucht, sich zu verbinden, aber bricht nach einiger Zeit den Versuch ab. Andere Apps auf dem Smartphone und PC haben keine Probleme, auf Chromecast zu streamen

Hey there @tigaaa,

Thank you for your post in this thread. We hope you don't mind us replying in English. We're happy to help.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It would also be great if you can try with restarting your router.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

OK here we go.

I have an LG SJ9 sounbar wich has built in Spotify Connect and Chromecast.
I can use Spotify Connect to stream my content via Android App and from Windows. However, I always used Chromecast instead, because using the Android app to raise or lower the volume leads to changes it three steps instead of one, so the music is always either too loud or too silent, wich is absolutely annoying by the way). However I am not able to use Chromecast since 2 month or so. I can use this option and the display of my soundbar even says "SPOTIFY" bit the connecting symbol never turns green and I can't stream any music. Again: neither from the windows software nor from the android app. All other music apps and windows software wich is able to stream via Chromecast can connect to and play their content to my soundbar using Chromecast with no problems.

I already

• rebooted my router
  • stopped the android app, cleared the cache, cleared all data, uninstalled and reinstalled it
  • rebooted the phone
  • rebooted the soundbar
  • switched from Dual Wifi (2.4 and 5) to Single Wifi (even tough I have this setting since years)

Nothing helped, everything as before.

Hey again @tigaaa,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation of the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

Can you make sure your devices are all running the latest versions available?

Just to be sure - do you use the Home app?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording or screenshot of what happens so we can take a closer look.

Keep us posted 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, all of my apps are up to date and I use the home app (but as I mentioned, choosing Chromecast from the windows software doesn't work either. I absolutely can stream the audio on my android via the home app, but not within Spotify.

Here is again what I did in Spotify:

• Open Spotify
  • Play some music
  • Click on the Castsymbol
  • In the following screen I find my soundbar where you can chose either the connection via Spotify Connect or Chromecast. 
  • I chose Chromecast

Result: the display of my Soundbar lights up and says "Spotify" and in the Android app the castsign in the bottom right corner of the Spotify App is white and has the "connecting"-animation. And that's where the story ends. The connection does not establish.

Then:

• Open Spotify
  • Play a song
  • Click on the Castsymbol
  • In the following screen I find my soundbar where you can chose either the connection via Spotify Connect or Chromecast. 
  • I chose Spot Connect

Result: 1 second later the casticon in the bottom right corner turns green and the music plays over the soundbar.

So Spotify Connect works, Chromecast does not.

And here's a screenrecording

Hallo noch mal,

ich hatte zwar gemeint, dass das Löschen des Caches etwas bringt, aber dem ist nicht so. Auch habe ich jetzt heraus gefunden wie ich mit der Android App per Chromecast streamen könnte. Allerdings funktioniert das weder am PC, noch mit der App. Wie ich inzwischen auch feststellen durfte wird das Netzwerk vom Receiver anschließend auch irgendwie blockiert. So etwas hatte ich das letzte Mal bei meinem MS Wireless Display Adapter. MS schob es damals auf die Empfindlichkeit vom WLAN und der genutzten Hardware. Inzwischen funktioniert das aber. Das hat jetzt aber nichts mit Spotify zu tun, sondern weist bestenfalls auf eine Ähnlichkeit der Problematik hin.

Hello again, I thought that clearing the cache would help, but that's not the case. I have also now found out how I can stream via Chromecast with the Android app. However, this does not work on the PC or with the Android app. As I was able to find out in the meantime, the network is then somehow blocked by the receiver. I had something like this last time with my MS Wireless Display Adapter. At the time, MS blamed it on the sensitivity of the WLAN and the hardware used. But now it works. But that has nothing to do with Spotify, but at best indicates a similarity of the problem.  (Google translate)

Hey @tigaaa,

Thanks for getting back to us with with this additional info.

We appreciate the extensive troubleshooting you've done so far and reported it to the right folks. It would seem that your experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue we have at the moment that affects streaming to LG sound bar devices. You can +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll keep you updated on any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

@A-lex we're happy to hear that you managed to find a solution are grateful you posted it here in the Community. That way other users experiencing similar issues will be able to give it a go by contacting the device manufacturer about network restrictions that might be in place.

Hope this is useful, but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks, I didn't find the other thread!

Suggested posts