Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tesla offline music?

Solved!

Tesla offline music?

Hi!

Have searched but can´t find a Y/N so here goes:

In the Tesla in car app, can I save music offline?

Thnx in advance /jensb

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

While at the moment it's not possible to save tracks for offline listening on your car's app, you can do this on your phone and then use Spotify Connect, or an aux cable to connect the phone to your car's radio.

We'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the team, and let them know this is a feature you'd like to see.

🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there!

While at the moment it's not possible to save tracks for offline listening on your car's app, you can do this on your phone and then use Spotify Connect, or an aux cable to connect the phone to your car's radio.

We'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the team, and let them know this is a feature you'd like to see.

🙂

Tesla Model S does not have an AUX connection AFAIK [I have checked the manual]

I can connect the iPhone to the car by Bluetooth but then the phone does not work well.

I wish to solve this and have the playlist controllable from the touchscreen of the car.

Tony

Manchester

I have intermittent coverage where I live so Spotify keeps cutting out in the car. I'm sticking to the radio for now. Being able to save music offline as per a phone would be fantastic.

This really would be useful. I've found driving in the countryside that suddenly the music stops or I can't get another track started due to data coverage issues. 

I fully agree there should be a way to download music with the app from the car and not link iPhone to it. The only reason I have temporary abandoned my Apple Music iTunes subscription and bought a Spotify Duo one was because I bought a Tesla, if I can't use it inside the car then doesn't make much sense for me.

The real and most viable solution would be to allow offline mode in the Tesla, so we can save the music to our SSD's. We all come across wireless connectivity issues at one point or another. Please work with Tesla to support us. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

We really appreciate you’re taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. We recommend adding that idea to our Idea Exchange. Others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support.

You can find the steps to submit a new idea here.

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

6 years later and still not implemented 😂

come on y'all this is a core feature of Spotify premium and should be on any device that allows it. not everyone has internet connection 24/7 🤪🫴🫴

and no, connecting my phone is not the solution - i prefer not to allow media over Bluetooth so i can take calls on my headset and will not change that setting for the short downtimes where i lose internet 🤘🙄🤘

7 Years and counting

It might be Tesla uses Spotify as a hook to keep Tesla owners paying the same money they pay for Spotify every month.

I can't find any reasonable explanation to why Spotify player for Tesla is the only one not allowing offline playing, it is not that it has not been implemented, it is that it has been removed.

oh damn... when did they have this feature?

Suggested posts