Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The web player is unusable after installing the android app - How to play on the app I'm using?

The web player is unusable after installing the android app - How to play on the app I'm using?

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop web player and Android

My Question or Issue

Spotify has always worked fine in my (laptop) computer's web browser. I signed up for premium and downloaded the app for my phone.

Now, because everything has to be so synced up, I cannot use spotify on my laptop anymore. If I have the app open on my phone, hitting play on my laptop starts playing the audio on my phone. When I hit play on my laptop, that's where I'm trying to play the music.

When I stop the app on my phone and hit play on my laptop, it just doesn't do anything. Nothing plays. 

Even when the app *is* open in the background on my phone (let's say I was listening to something in my car and came back home - the app is still running in the background, but I'm not using it) - I'd like to configure my account so that I can play audio on the device I'm using when I play it on the device I'm using.

It seems that I can now only use Spotify on my phone, even if I'm using another device. If it's not up on my phone, I cannot use Spotify. If it is up on my phone, attempting to use my laptop results in playing through my phone.

I tried turning off "spotify connect in background" in the phone app settings, but there was no change.

These aren't shared devices, so I'd like to stay logged in to both - how can I make it so that Spotify only plays on the device that I'm actually using when I play it?

1 Reply

Hey there @ldpillar

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Could you send over a video where we can take a better look at what's happening? This will help us investigate further.

You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts