Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Too many tabs bug

Solved!

Too many tabs bug

I have a current issue that happened out of nowhere a few days ago. There is a bug that indicates that there are TOO many tabs even though the only tab I have open is the app itself.

I had no problems working on other things on my laptop and having Spotify open at the same time before (my laptop is Google Chrome btw).

I just want this bug fixed so that I can listen to my playlists and browse the app without the annoying message popping up everytime I press the Web Player. 

I have a screenshot of what I get everytime I open it. I don't know what else to do. I already uninstalled it and tried it again but it says the same thing even now that I don't have it installed it still says the same thing. Same goes for restarting my laptop, it doesnt work. 

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 2.52.24 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Play a song from your phone or another Spotify device (desktop version of Spotify counts), clear your browser history, and then log back into Spotify web player. This seems to have been a reliable fix in the past.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Play a song from your phone or another Spotify device (desktop version of Spotify counts), clear your browser history, and then log back into Spotify web player. This seems to have been a reliable fix in the past.

Hey @Joshelle_Mojica.

Just wanted to let you know that this should now be fixed for you.

If you're still having trouble with this, let us know and we'll be happy to look into it further.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

I found the solution 

Nope, 1 year later and the bug is still here.

Hey there @Alcognac,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd recommend starting off by heading to this support article and following the steps under Not working?

You could also try using the web player in the application mode of the Google Chrome browser to see if that makes a difference. Here's how:

1. Open our web player.
  2. Click on the menu button (the three vertical dots) on the top right portion of the window of your browser.
  3. Click on More Tools > Create shortcut.
  4. Set a name for the application and check the option Open as Window then click on Create.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if you need more help with this!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hello from 2024,  half a decade later and bug is still there 

Suggested posts