Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player not working

Solved!

Web Player not working

Hi,

I have been using the web played for a number of months and a couple of days ago, I was no longer able to use it.

The webpage loads, I can search for items but when I click on play, nothing happens.

Unfortunately I am not able to download the app as my workplace restricts this so my only option is the web player.

I have been a premium subcriber for at least 3 years. Please can you help me fix this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @big_blue and @tanitafm

I recommend trying out the following steps.

1. Ensure that "This web player" is selected in the Spotify Connect button, it's between Queue and Volume.

2. Go to a random album and hit the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link". Now paste this to your browser's address bar and hit Enter.
This should force the web player to open the album and start playing the song. Hit play if it doesn't play anything yet.

3. Go to Spotify webpage, log in if you're not logged in yet and select any album in the "Jump back in" section. This should open the web player and make it play the album you selected.

Since it's a work environment, it might be that there are some network restrictions put in place that blocks traffic critical for Stopify playback.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there, @tanitafm

Thanks for coming to the Community 🙂

We'll try to help out, don't worry. 

Does restarting your device make a difference? Also, can you try clearing your browser's cache/cookies?

Keep us in the loop.

In the meantime, we have some info here which might help!

Thanks,

/M

Thanks for your message.

Yes I have already tried restarting and clearing the cache. Also tried
logging out and logging back in. Also tried logging out of all devices and
still does not work.

I use Spotify on my iOS app and through my Sonos at home which both work
fine.

Thanks

I'm having the same issue with web player for my chromebook.  Nothing plays when you click.  This seems to be a recurring issue as this isn't the first time I've had this problem.  Please fix this right away.

Marked as solution

Hey @big_blue and @tanitafm

I recommend trying out the following steps.

1. Ensure that "This web player" is selected in the Spotify Connect button, it's between Queue and Volume.

2. Go to a random album and hit the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link". Now paste this to your browser's address bar and hit Enter.
This should force the web player to open the album and start playing the song. Hit play if it doesn't play anything yet.

3. Go to Spotify webpage, log in if you're not logged in yet and select any album in the "Jump back in" section. This should open the web player and make it play the album you selected.

Since it's a work environment, it might be that there are some network restrictions put in place that blocks traffic critical for Stopify playback.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks for the suggestions.  it was working again for me a few hours after i posted.  maybe someone read our messages and fixed the issue.

Thanks!

By connecting both my laptop and my iPhone to the same wifi, I was finally given the option to 'select this web player' and then reconnect to the LAN network at work.

Thank you again for your help.

🙂 

I have no option "This web player" to choose. Only Google Cast - to some TV's in the same network.

Nothing seems to work.

Suggested posts