Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player will not work

Web Player will not work

spotify app will not play songs on computer, chromebook, it keeps freezing and saying theres a problem and to refresh. I do but it still will not work, checked connection, restarted computer, logged out and back into app, none have worked so far.

2 Replies

I'm having the same problem on a Mac that has played Spotify in the web browser on Chrome for ages - now not working at all, giving the same error message and suggestion to reload. No luck.

I thought maybe the plugin or developer for Chrome was playing up so I downloaded Firefox. Same exact problem. The Play, Next and Back buttons don't respond at all, the Play button on any playlist doesn't respond either.

Spotify Team! Please jump on this!

Thanks xx

Spotify issue - Chrome.jpg
Spotify issue - Firefox.jpg

Hey @catinthefreezer and @yfb_q9oq-4utl

That's a little strange!
I had this error too in Firefox, but not in Chrome a little while ago, but it seems to be working now.

I'd suggest restarting the router. 🙂

I can also recommend trying out these tips:

1. Go to a random album and hit the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link". Now paste this to your browser's address bar and hit Enter.
This should force the web player to open the album and start playing the song. Hit play if it doesn't play anything yet.

2. Go to Spotify webpage, log in if you're not logged in yet and select any album in the "Jump back in" section. This should open the web player and make it play the album you selected.

Also, make sure your antivirus is not eating Spotify's traffic.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts