Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Werbung in Podcasts trotz Premium

Werbung in Podcasts trotz Premium

Hallo zusammen,

leider ist mir aufgefallen, dass die eingebundenen Werbeblöcke in Podcasts, welche im Podcast selber auf der Audiospur sind, immer mehr und länger werden.

Da ich Premium Nutzer Eures Dienstes bin, stört mich das doch sehr und ich überlege zur Zeit zu kündigen, da ich hier keinen wesentlichen Mehrwert mehr erkenne, wenn ich trotzdem minutenlange Werbeblöcke hören muss.

Gibt es diesbezüglich eine mögliche Überlegung das zu ändern oder muss man trotz Premium Nutzer weiterhin Werbung in Podcasts akzeptieren?

Vielen Dank!

57 Replies

Indeed, it is really frustating to pay premium membership and still receive advertisements before, during and after almost all podcasts that I listen... 😵

Same here. It's quite annoying when I hear podcasts. I'm starting to question why I have a Premium subscription.

Unbelievable what is taken out there. Has anyone ever looked at the terms and conditions and checked whether such a change is even covered by a clause there? For the sake of the best, I can't imagine that such a profound change in the services and usage would be legally legal for paying customers. The benefit for premium customers is completely gone and not acceptable! Spotify, change your paying advertisements instantly!

Ich habe mich auch gerade damit beschäftigt und muss sagen: geht gar nicht! Mein erster Reflex war, zu kündigen. Habe jetzt aber erstmal die Podcasts mit Werbung wie z.B. Fest & Flauschig rausgeworfen. Schaue mir das noch ein bischen an; nimmts überhand, bin ich weg.

hi spotify-team, hi everybody

also getting ads in podcasts. unacceptable while paying for premium. you'll lose paying mebers spotify.

If Spotify allows artists to display advertisements, I do not understand how Spotify can include advertising in its own productions, such as here: https://open.spotify.com/show/02RUOjUej5WoawxQWISAW9?si=lGuyXyRzT4KWCOptUJH0Dw What's the point?

I pay money for a premium subscription to not hear any ads. Then Spotify has to pay the artists more. Or the artists just go to YouTube.

I don't care if Spotify gives the host the option to run the ads or not. I'm paying Spotify for an ad-free experience, not the host. That's the point for a premium account.

I canceled my Spotify Premium Account months ago. Due to unacceptable advertising in the "Fest und Flauschig" podcast. Bringing advertisements to paying premium customers is an absolute no-go. Fortunately there are alternatives ...

"Spotify gives (...) dynamic ad slot in their podcast!"

That's what it is! I will get another ad in Paris than I would get in the exact same podcast in Berlin. In other words Spotify does not give their premium members an ad free listening experience.

...is really nice to get an ad in the middle of a meditation track. Good job Spotify!

Hi there, 

today I was listening to my favorite podcast. Since a few month they included an intro form the ads. So they saying „and now the ad“ and then I get Podcasts recommendations. Last year one podcast was introduced but  today 2 Podcasts were introduced. It is completly annoying. 

Einfach frech. Bin sehr enttäuscht darüber wie man hier übergangen wird und trotz dass ich für Werbedreiheit zahle ganze Werbeblöcke gespielt wird. 

Not only that the price for Premium gets bigger. Spotify also choose to change the subscribed condition to find an spot to make even more money. Tinder policy incoming: "Now the super platinum black premium subscription for 50 bucks a month so you can really really hear adfree on Spotify!" Really Spotify? Do you need to get on this level? I had a great time for 8 Years on Spotify but now i choose an more customer oriented streamingplatform.

Bye, have a great time.

punchthatgaming_0-1645450907168.png

Hello,

during the last months i also recognized ads within the audio streaming of a podcast of which i thought this would be difficult to "cut out" for premium users...

But now more and more some podcast stop and "provide" me with an extra "track" of ad lasting for 30s and then it jumps back to where the podcast stream was to continue...in a premium account - which is absolutely unacceptable!

We give our money for ad-free spotify-usage...

Currently I listen to the spotify podcast "Serial killer" - despite premium subscription come in the middle of the episodes advertising from other Spotify podcasts such as "Kaulitz, or xxSeconds" etc... I find honestly cheeky. I pay so I do not have to listen to advertising...have to accept the private podcaster advertising in their podcasts bang and now I should accept advertising from spotify itself for their own podcasts? Then you do not need a premium subscription if you can not turn off the advertising...

Hello,
i usually hear this podcast via YouTube, but since I wanted to save some bandwidth and play it in the background while working. I tend to switch languages in my brain completely because English is not my native language, I'm German.
That makes it easier to work on English projects while still understanding what is told in the podcast.
I started the podcast and was confused because the first thing i heard was a German ad for TINDER.
My first thought was, "did they cancel my premium?"
Because I had a little conflict with them last year about my credit vs my subscription, I bought the 12 for 10 coupons, and they sent me mails about my subscription would end soon, even when my credit is paid till 2023 and the suggestion how to resolve that would be "cancel your subscription". But I digress.
After a few minutes the same German ad for TINDER, are you kidding me?
I'm used to working in focus mode with that podcast as a nice relaxation. The ad is not even in the language of the podcast. The first ad ok, I was not yet started but the ad in the podcast I was thrown out completely because now my brain in English mode now tried to translate the German ad to English to understand what is going on.

That's ridiculous.
I'm paying for premium to be AD FREE!
If I just wanted ad free music, I could have gone to Amazon or Apple Music.

Please exclude Premium users from ads in podcasts, if you must include an ad to survive Spotify, then do it at the start of the first episode of the podcast. I think we all can agree to the point that one ad when you start your podcasts for the day is acceptable, but anymore after that are just a pain when you are paying for premium to get rid of ads.

Having the same issues - if it were an ad for another podcadt with a similar topic before or after the episode I wouldn't even complain. But I don't care for some Mallorca Beer King story and neither do I care for a new insurance or a mattress.

I pay premium so I wont get these... 🙄

Sponsorship deals done by the creators are one thing, but that? Not ok

...once again...

Is there an answer from spotify - NO

Is the issue solved or are changes implemented - NO

I must admit i really like spotify but do not like how spotify behaves towards its users...here is the biggest chance for quality improvement guys...

could you please cut the ads in podcasts and charge fing premium for this? i will pay more if i don't have to listen to ads. f ads!

For the third time, I was literally shocked by an ad for an horror-story at audible.

AT THE END OF A BEDTIME MEDITATION FOR MY 5 YEAR OLD!!

Have you sat in bed with a child for an hour to help them fall asleep?

I pay a premium subscription to NOT hear ads.

If you need to monetize podcasts better, give me an option to pay for. But don't pretend it has anything to do with creators choice. Clearly, there are other platforms who can handle that better.

You are clearly not doing this with your users in mind.

Still not fixed 

Suggested posts