Yamaha MusicCast issue with some songs

Solved!

Yamaha MusicCast issue with some songs

gazwald
Casual Listener

Hello,

For around a couple of weeks now certain songs won't play on my Yamaha TX-V581. Songs with the issue include:

Comet Gain - You can hide your love forever

Just Blankets - Polydactyl

Sonder Bombs - Shitty Boyfriend

Once they break they seem to stay broken although they have worked in the past. It will happen if they are in playlists or if I try to send them to the amp mid song. Totally fine on phone and PC. If they're in a playlist they tend to pause the previouos song before 3/4 seconds before it ends (so I guess it's trying to prefetch and causing the problem then). 

I also note this other recent thread with a similar issue. I tried to play the same song on my amp, and neither of the songs mentioned would play either - so suggets something about these particular songs that are the issue as opposed to my setup?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Yamaha-MusicCast-WX30/m-p/4634711

Done all the usual diagnostics - upgraded firmware on amp, turned off and on, reinstalled app on phone and PC, cleared cache etc. It's not always worked perfectly - random pausing etc - but this is a new problem and seems to be growing.

Thanks for any assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

gazwald
Casual Listener

Seems to be fixed for me now, thanks Spotify!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

max_e87
Composer

Thank you for checking those songs i mention.

Comet Gain - You can hide your love forever Working 

Just Blankets - Polydactyl NOT Working

Sonder Bombs - Shitty Boyfriend NOT Working

gazwald
Casual Listener

Hi,

Thanks very much for testing! Definitely a Spotify issue then. Hopefully someone will respond.

There's two versions of the Comet Gain song oddly - one plays and one doesn't for me - if you search the band and select it from most popular, that one doesn't work. 

Capture.JPG

max_e87
Composer

This one isnt available for me.

Solution!

gazwald
Casual Listener

Seems to be fixed for me now, thanks Spotify!

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS