Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

album artwork

album artwork

What setting on the Spotify phone app needs to be enabled to display album artwork on a car head unit, while listening with bluetooth enabled?

7 Replies

Hi there @Bojack3,

Thank you for reaching out in the Community. We moved your post to the help board.

There's no specific setting for this, but since you're experiencing this issue we'd like to do some troubleshooting steps with you.

Can you unpair the device and then connect it again to see if that makes any difference?

If you still get the same behavior it would be great if you can use a different phone to see if there's any difference.

If the issue persists, can you provide us a picture so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

On another note, did it use to work before?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Unpairing has no effect and I don't have another phone.  The attached pic shows the problem with the album art; the audio is fine.

20220218_134923.jpg

Hey @Bojack3,

Thanks for the reply.

Cover Art display over Bluetooth is supported only on specific car brands and dashboard systems. So you'd need to contact the manufacturer for more info about that. From the photo you've submitted it looks like you're not using the Spotify app directly on the car's dashboard system.

You can also see the Cover Art display within the Spotify app in AndroidAuto over USB.

Hope you find this information helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the response. I prefer Bluetooth over usb since it uses less
data. A usb android auto with Spotify app also defaults opening of Google
maps, using more data than Bluetooth.

Hi there @Bojack3,

Thank you for your reply.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

I understand. Thanks for your help to resolve this issue.

Hi again @Bojack3,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

Have a great continued week.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts