Explicit Content Filter not working

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 😎

My Question or Issue

The explicit content filter is off, but on the iphone app it is still blocked.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @joe--------

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @joe--------

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Hello Ivan, sorry for replying in this thread, but I couldn´t find an option to ask my own question. I turned the filter on, and then off, but some songs marked as explicit won´t play. This is not something related to any sort of app or device. I´m currently trying with a web browser (it was turned off from my phone) and it´s not working, so it seems to be more a server-side restriction. Could you provide some advice? Thanks in advance!

Gonzalo

Suggested posts