Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I get Spotify kids installed on amazon fire kids tablet?

How do I get Spotify kids installed on amazon fire kids tablet?

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Germany

Device

Amazon Fire Kids Tablet

Operating System

Android??

My Question or Issue

Hej,

my kids (6+9) have Amazon Fire HD Kids tablets and like to hear music.

So I did an upgrade from double to family account on spotify.

Now I can't install spotify kids on their tablets - while installing spotify is no problem at all! But I can't create their own account that way - they have, naturally, neither email nor whatsapp or whatnot because they are too young.

So, how can I get them their own account on their own tablets? Happy for any ideas/hints/tips!

Thank you so much!

6 Replies

Hey @Dinah2 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Right now, you can only find the Spotify Kids app in the iOS App Store or Google Play store, so it won't be possible to download the app through the Amazon App Store.

Further, I, unfortunately, don't have any news about the app becoming available in the Amazon App Store.

However, if you'd like to see this in the future, I recommend voting for this idea. This way, you can stay up to date on any updates that Spotify has to pass on about the Spotify Kids app being available in the Amazon App Store.

Alternatively, you can download the regular Spotify app on their devices and create regular accounts for them, which you can then invite to the Premium Family plan by following these steps.

I hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It is possible to do this, but you have to first install the Google Play store app onto the device. You can fairly easily find instructions online for doing so, just be aware that there are risks associated with that approach.

How to create a "regular" account for children without lying with date of birth?

It seems rooting in kids is the only way. Even with explicit music turned off which I ironically don’t care much about. The explicit filter doesn’t stop explicit pod casts. Which I do care about. 

That is messed up, really. There is no better place for Spotify Kids than an Amazon Fire4Kids Tablet. 

Also it is simply not true that we can open an account for them. Because Spotify is Age restricted. It seems I need to change the music provider. 😞

How is that even a thing?! Spotify for Kids is not available on Fire for Kids! I didn't even think of verifying this before purchasing a Fire tablet and upgrading my subscription to a family one.

Suggested posts