Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Your addresses didn't match" on the family plan.

"Your addresses didn't match" on the family plan.

I accepted an invitation to join a family plan. I obviously live at the same address and I was trying to do this while staying there too actually. When I typed the address it said it didn´t match. I decided to literally copy the address from the master account and paste, didn´t work. I tried several devices, phones, desktop, laptops. Doesn´t work. Please help, it´s really not a cheap service to be this ridiculously buggy as I´ve seen it´s an extremely common issue.

The email address for the account I am trying to join from is **bleep**, the master account is at **bleep**

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 10.23.39.png

32 Replies

Hi @Shellbelle,

Thanks for your reply in this thread. 

In this case, we can only recommend updating the address on your account from this link. That doesn't mean you have to enter a different address, you can enter the same one if you still live there. Once done, you can send a new invite and the user should be able to join your play. 

The other members of the plan won't be removed, but they might receive a notification asking them to confirm the address. You can just let them know they might need to do that. It won't take them more than 2 minutes to do so.

We'll be here in case you need us.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Can you explain to me why the address has to be the same? I am paying for 6 users and only use 2 accounts, my wife and i, I should still be able to add my parents and siblings (4 unused accounts because they live at different addresses). Having 6 people in one household is rare nowadays and if they are in the same location why would they listen to different music on multiple devices in the same location? "Household" plan is not the same as family plan. Address should not be a condition. And if I am paying for 6 accounts and want to share access to 5 friends it should be irrelevant if they are family, neighbors or live in another country. I AM PAYING FOR 6 ACCOUNTS and get to use 2. I should get a 4/6 refund for the last 6 years.

I want to use duo plan with my father even though we are going to live in the different house because I will enter the university at the different prefecture. Why does Spotify prohibit using Duo or Family  plan for family members living apart?Yes, I know that it is because non-family members might use service too, but please think deeply about the fact that people like me want to use family plan too!

This is dumb. I have been trying to confirm my address and it auto populates an address that is incorrect and won't allow me to join. I know my address, google does not!

It doesn't help. You repeat the same, but we all here have the same problem. I spent today 4 hours chatting with 4 different agents, who all repeated the same and couldn't help. It is, as you see, many of us. How can this be resolved? I pay for 6 people and could not add more then one. How can i resolve this, if your support couldn't help in chat? Is there any other way?

Hey folks!

As @Dian has pointed out, first make sure all of your country settings match.
In case you're using any VPN connections, disable them for this process.
It's also not a bad call to use a desktop PC with a LAN internet connection if possible.

Should the issue persist - check if using a general address in your vicinity would make a difference.
Hope this helps! Keep us posted.

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have had this issue for about a week, unable to join the family plan and have gone to Spotify helpline several times and NOTHING has helped. 

Hey @Lizziewalker,

Sorry to see you feel this way; we understand where the frustration is coming from.

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? 

We'd be happy to help 🙂 

VasilModerator

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I changed my plan from a Family plan to a Duo plan in March. I've changed it back to a Family plan in May. None of my 3 family members can join the plan as it states that the address is incorrect even though I've gone through it with each of them and the address is exactly the same as mine as the main account holder. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix this please?

I had this issue and I'll share what fixed it, though it might not be the same for everyone. The core issue was that when you are logged into your account, there is an address under the "Address" tab, and a separate address under the "Manage members" tab. These addresses can be different. The address you should be using is the one in the "Manage members" tab. The other address won't work. 

I recently changed from Duo (with no issue) to Family plan, google maps assigned an address that is pretty close to my home address. My family members, when they tried the address EXACTLY like it appears on my spotify said “the address doesn’t match”. 
I checked everyone’s country, they match. I am using the “Manage Members” address, but to clarify our billing address is also the same. 
When I tried changing the address to see if that fixed the problem, there’s absolutely no addresses from Puerto Rico in the list. 
I already told support this, but I will write it here, how is it that spotify know what tax to charge and the address from that state doesn’t appear on the list!? 
I feel like this is an expensive monthly payment for such an inconvenience that I can see hasn’t been resolved completely for a few years. 

Hola. tengo un plan familiar; estoy por agregar a un tercer miembro, de hecho, lo estoy haciendo yo mismo, y al dar click en el link, después agregar la información requerida, tengo el problema que no me acepta la dirección (address), aun cuando yo mismo la estoy escribiendo tal cual la tengo en mi dirección de facturación. Alguien tiene una forma de solucionarlo? Gracias

Captura de Pantalla 2024-05-25 a la(s) 7.00.42 p.m..png

Hi @carla_babel,

Thanks for the reply. In this case, we recommend trying to both manage the plan and join from the webpage on Desktop and checking if that allows you to simply enter the address manually. If it does, if all members enter the same, it should work then.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts