Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recover discontinued Family plan (expired bank card)

Solved!

Recover discontinued Family plan (expired bank card)

Hi every one

Our Family plan has been discontinued due to expired bank card.

I am prompted to update my payment method.

But it says my plan is "premium personnal"

Is it possible to have my family back at once ?

Or do I have to start a make a new family plan an invite them all over ?

Regards

Julien

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @julien230,

Thank you for taking time to post here in the Community. Let's shed some light to this.

If your Premium plan expired due to failed payments you need to start a new Family plan.

If you're having issue to do so we recommend that you contact our customer support here.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. 

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @julien230,

Thank you for taking time to post here in the Community. Let's shed some light to this.

If your Premium plan expired due to failed payments you need to start a new Family plan.

If you're having issue to do so we recommend that you contact our customer support here.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. 

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I had the same issue. I went in and put in my updated credit card information and it accepted the card.  I had a family plan and now it put me on an individual plan. Why in the world world would spotify do this. It makes no sense. I had a family plan and my CC expired. Why wouldn't they keep me on the same plan......Ugh!

Hi there @malibujeff,

Thanks for the post.

When updating your payment method you should stay on the original plan. It's a good idea to check if you've renewed the subscription on your Spotify account and not on another once, created with a similar email address or through Facebook. Mistakes like this can sometimes happen.

You can always cancel the Premium Individual subscription and renew your Premium Family on the original account.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is beyond ridiculous as a user. My credit card expired and Spotify didn't save my family plan. This is customer service at its worst.

CC expired and when I added the new one I got a regular premium account. Upgraded instantly to family plan, but it won't change until two weeks from now and when I look at my account my family plan is empty. I don't want to add all the family members again, I just want my old family plan restored!

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

It's not possible to restore the previous Family plan once it has expired and you have activated a new one. But you can add the members from the previous plan at any time. Here is how to do that.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

We all figured that but you guys need to fix it. My CC expired too and by the time I updated to the new one I need to re-invite everyone. That's a really basic issue to fix.

Suggested posts