Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium with Spotify Family not working

Solved!

Spotify Premium with Spotify Family not working

Hello

My mother gave me Spotify Premium today, after she updated her account to Spotify Family. I had used her account before and she got tired not being able to play her music whenever she wanted. I created myself a new account from the link I got from the invite she sent me from her account. My new account does not recognize itself as a Premium account, though it says that I have Premium account in my account settings.

I have logged out and in several times, I have reinstalled Spotify on my Windows 8.1 PC and nothing. I have ran out of ideas what to do, please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Nordic_Nerd @NachoE 

Sorry for the trouble! Premium usually activates instantly. There seems to be a delay right now.

Please be patient and try to log out and back in a few times every once in a while to see if it has activated.

You can also contact support:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Same problem here,

I added someone to my Family Plan, his account info says he is a member and has Premium access, but the player still says it's a Free account.

This happens with the web player, windows app and android app.

We have reinstalled, cleared cache, etc, with no luck.

I have even removed him and added him again to the plan.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Nacho
Marked as solution

@Nordic_Nerd @NachoE 

Sorry for the trouble! Premium usually activates instantly. There seems to be a delay right now.

Please be patient and try to log out and back in a few times every once in a while to see if it has activated.

You can also contact support:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I am now a happy Premium user, it was just delayed authentication.

I added Spotify Premium for Family and now neither of us can log in to Spotify. It was working fine yesterday when I was the only one on the account. I tried to add it last night and this morning, we still cannot log in.

Error message:

"Login Failed - Unable to login, either username of password is incorrect. Have you signed up for a Spotify account?"

I can log in on the Spotify website without any issues, but not the app. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, switched passwords, all many times.

I have had a Spotify Account for a long time and have never had an issue until I tried to download Spotify Family.

Can you help?

Thank you!

Same sort of problem, except it no longer recognises me as a premium account! It's been like this all day. Any ideas?

I'm having this issue too! 

This service is disgusting... paid for family on my wife's device ... added myself as a family member ... accepted the invite in the email... but my device is showing free in the app but part of a family on the browser section ... sort yourself out Spotify... people like me are paying for a service that they are not even getting ... tried everything to fix 

Hello... My boyfriend subscribe from a spotify family premium since November 1,2017 and sended me a code through email and using my own spotify account using my facebook but i cant use the code he gave me, its always saying that the premium code is not valid.. And by the way he already sended me invites thrice.. Please solve my problem.. Thank you..

I have the same issue, but there is no way to enter the code.  It is only asking all the family members to login using the username and password but not the activation code.  If they use the username and password, only one person can listen to Spotify at a time.  Would love to hear from Spotify for a quick solution. 

Dear Spotify,

my husband made an upgrade to Spotify Family Premium and has sent me an invitation. If I follow the link it tells me there is an arrow number 600. If I check my profile, it says i am in Germany but our family home is in Austria and this is where the Family account is connected to. I guess there is an mistake, but I cannot change the country. Maybe there is a problem, as I have used the free version together with facebook? As I am originally from Germany, maybe they think I am Germany and not in Austria? This is very confusiong and I would really need your help. Many thanks in advance for your support. 

I have the same problem. Just switched over to premium for family, cancelled previous premium account and still can only log in and listen as per prmium settings. Sent out invites to family members but get no redeem voucher box. My account settings say family for premium but not there. Very frustrating and annoying. Anyone have same problem and hopefully solution

Spotify Premium with Spotify Family not working!!!

I have the same issue. my family premium account lost. Why should I invite my family again when I was already charged for the family premium??  All my family members account was reverted to basic???? Take note it's a "recurring charged to my mastercard" because I trust your service. What the **bleep** happen Spotify??!!! I have been your subscriber for 4 years and this is what I'm getting. 

Sort this out Spotify.

HI WE JUST GOT SPOTIFY FOR THE FAMILY AND I HAVE INVITED MY SON.

HE HAS A SAMSUNG PHONE. HE GETS THE INVITE EMAIL THEN FILLS IN EMAIL WITH CORRECT SPOTIFY PASSWORD THEN CLICKS ON THE LOG IN BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. WE HAVE TRIED A FEW TIMES BUT IT JUST DOES NOT GO TO THE NEXT PAGE AFTER THE LOG IN!!

ANY IDEAS WHY?

Same issue. My hubby got us a Family Plan and now one of our children can't get the account updated on his mobile phone or the app on his computer. Myself and our daughter hhadno issues...

Please help 

Suggested posts