Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The explicit filter is terrible

The explicit filter is terrible

Plan: Premium Family

Device: Any

I've enabled the explicit content filter on several of my kids' accounts (part of our family plan). However, this filter seemingly does nothing other than prevent them from playing a song already categorized as explicit. For example, my son ran a search for "fu**ing" (a word he heard from a neighbor today - hooray). Here's what that looks like:

-v4m_7pa12ewj_0-1617211410025.png

-v4m_7pa12ewj_1-1617211420513.png

Yes, I know, the terms say kids have to be older to have an account. But what's the point of an explicit content filter that doesn't actually filter explicit content across all mediums (songs, playlists, albums, covers, etc.)?

5 Replies

Hey there @-v4m_7pa12ewj,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you send us the URI of the song so that we can have a closer look?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I think you need to actually read my post.

Hey @-v4m_7pa12ewj,

Thanks for the reply.

Our explicit content tags are applied based on information we receive from rights-holders. We can’t guarantee all explicit content is marked as such.

We've recommended a clean reinstall of the app, to ensure that the devices of your younger family members are up to date and are synced up with the servers properly. This could affect search results.

Also - have you heard about  Spotify Kids?

Spotify kids is an app of playground of sound for young listeners, The app is full of singalongs, soundtracks and playlists made just for them. All the content there is specially curated for children 0-12.

Note: This is available for users with a Premium Family subscription.  

You can follow the steps provided in this article to report any content you find should have the explicit tag.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

is there a way to mark a track that has explicit content? There are simply too many tracks without the E that have excessive swear words in them. You simply can't trust the filter

Hi there @thefiend2,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

As mentioned before - we can’t tag all explicit content because it depends on information we get from rights-holders, and it's not possible to mark a song as explicit content directly from your end.

However - if you think this feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

Let us know if we have any questions 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts