Extend Premium Student After 4 Years

Extend Premium Student After 4 Years

Ampz
Regular

Plan

Premium Student

My Question or Issue

Please extend Premium Student. I have had Spotify since 2016 and also have been a student since 2015. I am still (unfortunately) still a student in university. I am no longer allowed to have the student pricing since I have had it for 4 years. What is the purpose of this cap on years for students? Some of us don't graduate right on time. As long as I have a valid student email address, I don't see what is the issue. I don't want to have to switch to Apple Music just to get the cheaper price, but I can't afford 10$ a month while in Uni for Spotify, despite loving the service. 

I know I am not the only one who has posted this request, but it always gets turned down when people request for this. It is just senseless to limit people even when they meet the rest of the credentials.

1 Reply

Maxim
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Ampz ,

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

The average length of higher education lasts about 4 years in most countries, which is why Premium Student only lasts up to 4 years.
Spotify understands that some students stay longer at a college/university, but unfortunately, no special exceptions can be made in such case.

You can alternatively check out other reduced-price plans like Premium Family or Duo.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS