Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

School/University Search Not Working

Solved!

School/University Search Not Working

I'm an Australian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to renew my student discount (I had it last year but it ran out a few months ago and I'm only just getting around to sorting it out). Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The dropdown box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

I know my university is one that SheerID works for, or at least, it has in the past. I tried typing in other larger universities in my area to see if anything came up at all or if it was just mine, but nothing would come up for any searches. I've tried on multiple devices - iPhone and iPad in Safari and then on Macbook Air 2013 in Chrome (both regular and incognito tab) and Safari. Any advice on how to get past this issue would be a godsend - thank you!

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey @DLS3198,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties with the SheerID website.

If you've tried verifying via this page:

We recommend that you subscribe to this thread. We'll keep you updated there with any news on the matter, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

159 Replies

I've tried the incognito browser, multiple devices, am not even using a VPN...!

Tried installing Opera browser > enable VPN then fill up the form again. This worked for me.

At this point, I'm not dying to spend my money. If they dont want it so be it. I have been managing with ads I'll continue doing so. Why should the customer make an extra effort to purchase a service?

I agree- at this point 5 dollars a month is too much for the effort. I forgot to mention, my school got verified but they verified it for the wrong account, and when I email about it they basically tell me to start from point one instead of acknowledging they made a mistake. Hands down the worst service from sheer id, and also from Spotify for not doing anything about it

Hey there @mukund_kakkar

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Another thing you can check is if you observe the same when using a different network. Make sure you try again later and if it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

I have followed all these steps... still isn't working.

This issue has been going on for so many months it should be sorted by now

I've asked my friend that's in a different location from me to log in my account and try to apply for a student discount using my account. He also had the same problem as I did. Though I can't verify if his account also has the same problem because he was using a family plan account. I've also tried using incognito, different devices, and a different internet connection, none of them worked.

I tried everything above even that link and the list still isn’t loading, what is going on??

Unfortunately it still doesn't work 😕

Extremely poor service from Spotify. Online support provides absolutely no help with this issue which is still not resolved after so many weeks. 

Since the competition is cheaper, provides a higher quality service and specially does not need constant 'indexing of schools', consider me gone.

I've tried all day to get through that page, and only just now did it show the drop down list correctly. I didn't do anything else than the other times. 

Same! I've been registered to this for a year and it just expired. So now I'm trying to renew again since I entered a new school but no school appears when you click the dropdown. 

I’ve tried all of the above and it still doesn’t work I’ve been trying to do this for 3 days now and you’ve charged me £9.99 instead of £4.99. I did not need to be charged this if a simple drop down menu worked...

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

@elandieluu Can you open an incognito window on your PC? Then you can try again selecting your university. If that doesn't help, you can try with another connection.

@Hediboukraa Can you share with us which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? That way we can see how to proceed further.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'd love to help you out.

Can you open an incognito window on your PC? Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. Then you can try again selecting your school/university. 

If that doesn't help, we'd suggest you try on another device. It's also a good idea to try with another network.

@TheThat If the student discount is activated on another account, we'd suggest you click here and contact our support team. The folks there can look into this further and give you more information about it.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you try choosing the university while using another network? If that doesn't help, we'd suggest you try on another device. Does the issue persist?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Hey there @DLS3198,

Thanks for posting this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, have you taken a look at the thread @Elena linked above? We've shared an update there recently regarding this that could help.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

As I said yes I have tried all of the above

Hey @DLS3198,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties with the SheerID website.

If you've tried verifying via this page:

We recommend that you subscribe to this thread. We'll keep you updated there with any news on the matter, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

So I have to continue to pay more money than necessary and there’s nothing I can do about it...

Suggested posts