Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

School/University Search Not Working

Solved!

School/University Search Not Working

I'm an Australian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to renew my student discount (I had it last year but it ran out a few months ago and I'm only just getting around to sorting it out). Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The dropdown box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

I know my university is one that SheerID works for, or at least, it has in the past. I tried typing in other larger universities in my area to see if anything came up at all or if it was just mine, but nothing would come up for any searches. I've tried on multiple devices - iPhone and iPad in Safari and then on Macbook Air 2013 in Chrome (both regular and incognito tab) and Safari. Any advice on how to get past this issue would be a godsend - thank you!

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey @DLS3198,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties with the SheerID website.

If you've tried verifying via this page:

We recommend that you subscribe to this thread. We'll keep you updated there with any news on the matter, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there,

Yesterday I got in touch with SheerID about the same trouble.

Then I received the useful advice from SheerID, and I could success my verification.

So I want to share that with you!

On a computer:

1. Open the Google Chrome browser
2. Clear the cache of the browser
3. Log-in to your Spotify account
4. Submit a new request now at https://www.spotify.com and type the name of the school 

Please note that after typing in 3 or so characters, you should see a list of options, then kindly click the name of your school.

I really hope that above would make something good to you!

(Sorry for all my weird English expression because I'm Japanese)

View solution in original post

159 Replies

Plan

Student Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Huawei Nova 3i

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I register my account as a Student Premium, the list of universities/college is not loading. It won't show the list of schools and when I type my school it says it's not eligible. I also asked my friend to try it but it's not loading any list of schools

<snip - Moderator Edit>

Hey there @kennethscro!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Could you start by giving it a try on a different device? We'd recommend giving it a shot on a desktop in Chrome, preferable in an incognito window.

It's also a good idea to use a different network to see if that makes a difference for you.

We also see that you haven't set the Philippines as a country where you need to enter your phone number and that could also be causing the issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have tried and it is still the same. The list does not show any of the
schools. It just says loading when I click on it.

Thanks for getting back to us @kennethscro!

Can you let us know all the steps that you have tried so far so that we can make sure we're not suggesting anything you've already tested?

If possible, could you give this a shot on a different network and not using a VPN?

We'll be on the lookout for your update.

ElenaModerator

Hi! Thanks for the suggestions 🙂 I did it without VPN and also did it on my pc. If only I could send a video that the list of schools when I click it doesn't show any list of schools at all. Tried it on my phone and my pc. I also filled up the form correctly and double checked the info and the country I live in. Sorry for the troubles! 

Hi @kennethscro,

Thanks going through all the suggested steps. In case you're still having trouble entering your university in the form, it'd be great if you could try this link instead to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

There is no way this is an isolated incident, simply Spotify  does not recognize the school as an accredited University or College.

My suggestion to Spotify would be to compose a list of all available schools that are eligible for the discount, that would prevent issues like this from occurring as this user clearly does not ave a great experience so far.

Hey there @sarah_knight!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Is it possible for you to give this a shot on a different network using this link instead to see if that makes a difference for you?

We'd also recommend turning off your VPN if you use one because that might be causing some trouble.

If the issue persists, feel fee to send us a screenshot of what you see when you try going through the process.

Keep us posted on how it goes. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator

Hi I have the same issue. Tried your link and still the search/dropdown list of universities doesn't appear (irrespective of the University name I type). Have attached a screenshot.

Screenshot_20200612-004501.jpg

Hi there, i have been experiencing the exact same problem as @sarah_knight and have tried all the suggested methods but none work. Some advice on this would be appreciated!

In the end I just tried again the next day and it worked for me so
hopefully it does for you too!

Hey there folks,

We've received reports that users are having troubles with the "Name of college/university" drop-down list on the SheerID International verification form here.

The right teams are aware and looking into this.

If you're experiencing this, make sure to first try the following:

• Give it another try to verify your student status in an incognito or private window in your browser
  • A different device (preferably desktop)
  • A different internet connection

If you're still having troubles after that, make sure to add your +VOTE here and subscribe to this thread.

We'll keep you posted, thanks!

KaterinaModerator

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

What you're describing sounds like the Ongoing Issue here that our tech teams are currently looking into.

If that's the case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and subscribing to it so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you need more help with this.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hello @yuhan_dance ,

Just checking if you were able renew your Premium Student discount by following the steps suggested by @Elena?

If you're still having difficulties to complete the form, this might be related to the Ongoing Issue here that our tech teams are currently looking into, in which case we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and subscribing to it so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you need more help with this.

XeniaModerator

Hi,

No I still haven't been able to register for premium student. Have tried all the tips given by Elena, no luck. And that ongoing issue page is has my post and my screenshot. Still waiting on that sweet premium 🙂

Marked as solution

Hello there,

Yesterday I got in touch with SheerID about the same trouble.

Then I received the useful advice from SheerID, and I could success my verification.

So I want to share that with you!

On a computer:

1. Open the Google Chrome browser
2. Clear the cache of the browser
3. Log-in to your Spotify account
4. Submit a new request now at https://www.spotify.com and type the name of the school 

Please note that after typing in 3 or so characters, you should see a list of options, then kindly click the name of your school.

I really hope that above would make something good to you!

(Sorry for all my weird English expression because I'm Japanese)

Hey folks,

Our tech teams have done their magic backstage and this should now be fixed.

Could you take another look and let us know how it goes?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

XeniaModerator

Hello again,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board here? We'll get back to you there.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator

Hi I have tried this solution and not worked for me.

If anyone have any better solution, please let me know. 🙂

Suggested posts