School/University Search Not Working

Solved!

School/University Search Not Working

sarah_knight
Casual Listener

I'm an Australian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to renew my student discount (I had it last year but it ran out a few months ago and I'm only just getting around to sorting it out). Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The dropdown box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

I know my university is one that SheerID works for, or at least, it has in the past. I tried typing in other larger universities in my area to see if anything came up at all or if it was just mine, but nothing would come up for any searches. I've tried on multiple devices - iPhone and iPad in Safari and then on Macbook Air 2013 in Chrome (both regular and incognito tab) and Safari. Any advice on how to get past this issue would be a godsend - thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

sunsuburb
Visitor

Hello there,

Yesterday I got in touch with SheerID about the same trouble.

Then I received the useful advice from SheerID, and I could success my verification.

So I want to share that with you!

On a computer:

1. Open the Google Chrome browser
2. Clear the cache of the browser
3. Log-in to your Spotify account
4. Submit a new request now at https://www.spotify.com and type the name of the school 

Please note that after typing in 3 or so characters, you should see a list of options, then kindly click the name of your school.

I really hope that above would make something good to you!

(Sorry for all my weird English expression because I'm Japanese)

View solution in original post

159 Replies

DugongDu
Casual Listener

Same here! Actually I've been trying to get the student plan for months now but it's still the same. Did they stop fixing this issue?

jomolist
Composer

There is no way this is an isolated incident, simply Spotify  does not recognize the school as an accredited University or College.

My suggestion to Spotify would be to compose a list of all available schools that are eligible for the discount, that would prevent issues like this from occurring as this user clearly does not ave a great experience so far.

Katerina

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

What you're describing sounds like the Ongoing Issue here that our tech teams are currently looking into.

If that's the case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and subscribing to it so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you need more help with this.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Elena

Hey there @kennethscro!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Could you start by giving it a try on a different device? We'd recommend giving it a shot on a desktop in Chrome, preferable in an incognito window.

It's also a good idea to use a different network to see if that makes a difference for you.

We also see that you haven't set the Philippines as a country where you need to enter your phone number and that could also be causing the issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator

Hediboukraa
Casual Listener

Having the same problem tried everything mentioned. How is this still not fixed!

kennethscro
Casual Listener
I have tried and it is still the same. The list does not show any of the
schools. It just says loading when I click on it.

Elena

Thanks for getting back to us @kennethscro!

Can you let us know all the steps that you have tried so far so that we can make sure we're not suggesting anything you've already tested?

If possible, could you give this a shot on a different network and not using a VPN?

We'll be on the lookout for your update.

ElenaModerator

kennethscro
Casual Listener

Hi! Thanks for the suggestions 🙂 I did it without VPN and also did it on my pc. If only I could send a video that the list of schools when I click it doesn't show any list of schools at all. Tried it on my phone and my pc. I also filled up the form correctly and double checked the info and the country I live in. Sorry for the troubles! 

Xenia

Hi @kennethscro,

Thanks going through all the suggested steps. In case you're still having trouble entering your university in the form, it'd be great if you could try this link instead to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

ecxcxcx
Casual Listener

No matter which country I choose, the list is still not working. The loading selection box just flashes for half second and disappears. I have tried all the solutions, like using safari, firefox, chrome, a private window, cleaning up cache before use. Spotify please fix this bug.

yungdoer
Casual Listener
still not working fix this

Ivan

Hey there @yungdoer,

Thanks for posting - we're here to help.

It's a good idea to check first if you still experience the issue when using a private/incognito browser (to avoid cache issues) or when trying on a different device.

If you see no change after trying these steps, keep in mind we're still investigating an ongoing issue causing the drop-down list with schools not to work properly. You'll find the thread here.

Make sure you +VOTE to support our investigation. You can also check the steps in Status Update or Subscribe to stay up to date with any news. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

IvanModerator
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

Maria97
Visitor
Unfortunately it still doesn't work 😕

yungdoer
Casual Listener

i tried on icognito still didn't work

but logged on via this link that soemones from sheerid sent me and it worked 

https://www.spotify.com/us/select-your-country/

Wizz_p1
Visitor

I tried everything above even that link and the list still isn’t loading, what is going on??

Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you try choosing the university while using another network? If that doesn't help, we'd suggest you try on another device. Does the issue persist?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

ecxcxcx
Casual Listener
Oh I found it work today and I have subscribed to the premium. Maybe the only solution is to check it out every day to see if the sheerid works on that day?

Ivan

Hey there @ksienrzniczka,

Thanks for posting here and welcome to the Community.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Have great day. 

IvanModerator
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

0Derece
Visitor
I have the same problem. Clearing the cache, using incognito mode, and using the phone browser did not work. Can someone help us?

Peter

Hey there @ecxcxcx, @Arnastria and @0Derece,

Thanks for reaching out.

Our tech team has implemented a possible solution to this.

Could you please try once more to activate the student discount using a private/incognito browser or a different device, if that's an option?

If that still doesn't fix things, make sure to leave your vote for the Ongoing Issue here. We'll post any updates on the matter there as soon as there are any.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Have nice day!

PeterModerator

ksienrzniczka
Visitor
It's not working guys. Can you just fix it?
SUGGESTED POSTS