School/University Search Not Working

Solved!

School/University Search Not Working

sarah_knight
Casual Listener

I'm an Australian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to renew my student discount (I had it last year but it ran out a few months ago and I'm only just getting around to sorting it out). Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The dropdown box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

I know my university is one that SheerID works for, or at least, it has in the past. I tried typing in other larger universities in my area to see if anything came up at all or if it was just mine, but nothing would come up for any searches. I've tried on multiple devices - iPhone and iPad in Safari and then on Macbook Air 2013 in Chrome (both regular and incognito tab) and Safari. Any advice on how to get past this issue would be a godsend - thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

sunsuburb
Visitor

Hello there,

Yesterday I got in touch with SheerID about the same trouble.

Then I received the useful advice from SheerID, and I could success my verification.

So I want to share that with you!

On a computer:

1. Open the Google Chrome browser
2. Clear the cache of the browser
3. Log-in to your Spotify account
4. Submit a new request now at https://www.spotify.com and type the name of the school 

Please note that after typing in 3 or so characters, you should see a list of options, then kindly click the name of your school.

I really hope that above would make something good to you!

(Sorry for all my weird English expression because I'm Japanese)

View solution in original post

159 Replies

seelyan
Casual Listener

hi, same problem here. your suggestions didn't work. used different devices, different browsers, also tried private browsing. what else can i do?

Xenia

Hey there everyone,

We're seeing increased reports that the school drop-down list is not loading.

We are currently investigating this together with our partner SheerID.

In the meantime, if you're experiencing issues with the university/school drop-down list in the student verification form, make sure to:

• clear cache and cookies in your browser
  • try opening the link in an incognito/private window or a different browser
  • try using a different network
  • try another device

If it still doesn't work, make sure to leave your vote on this thread, if you haven't already.

We'll post the latest updates on the matter here as soon as we have them.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

yatharthdaksh
Visitor

It is not working now. The same issue i am facing now .... and I have tried everything as listed above. Please Help

Hanna_64
Visitor

I have the same problem and I have tried those steps several times, but I haven’t seen any changes. The university still unresponsive thus showing only “loading...” and if I put my university on it, it will disappear. What should i do to fix it? 

Deadp00lio
Casual Listener

Hi, 

When I started using Spotify, I used a student plan for a good while. I then switched to a family plan with some friends for a cheaper deal, however, we recently discontinued using the family plan and now I want to revert back to the student plan. However, every time I try to select the college/university, the drop down menu does not work and thus I am stuck in a never-ending loop of trying to get the drop down menu to work. I have tried clearing my browser cache, using incognito mode/just using the normal browser, as well as using my computer and android device to no avail. 

Do I have to get a VPN just to resubscribe to the student plan, or is there another alternative? 

Xenia

Hello again,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant board here? We'll get back to you there.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator

Xenia

Hey folks,

Our tech teams have done their magic backstage and this should now be fixed.

Could you take another look and let us know how it goes?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

XeniaModerator

Katerina

Hey there folks,

We've received reports that users are having troubles with the "Name of college/university" drop-down list on the SheerID International verification form here.

The right teams are aware and looking into this.

If you're experiencing this, make sure to first try the following:

• Give it another try to verify your student status in an incognito or private window in your browser
  • A different device (preferably desktop)
  • A different internet connection

If you're still having troubles after that, make sure to add your +VOTE here and subscribe to this thread.

We'll keep you posted, thanks!

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

J_Nokwal
Visitor

I was facing the same problem but now I use a VPN which fixes the problem

Daviiduls
Casual Listener

Tried this, activated my vpn and it worked instantly. Thank you and stay safe! 

Solution!

sunsuburb
Visitor

Hello there,

Yesterday I got in touch with SheerID about the same trouble.

Then I received the useful advice from SheerID, and I could success my verification.

So I want to share that with you!

On a computer:

1. Open the Google Chrome browser
2. Clear the cache of the browser
3. Log-in to your Spotify account
4. Submit a new request now at https://www.spotify.com and type the name of the school 

Please note that after typing in 3 or so characters, you should see a list of options, then kindly click the name of your school.

I really hope that above would make something good to you!

(Sorry for all my weird English expression because I'm Japanese)

View solution in original post

mukund_kakkar
Casual Listener

Hi! This is not working for me and I am facing the same issue. Kindly help!

TheThat
Regular

It has not worked for me either. I keep emailing them but both Spotify and sheer is repeat what they have already said. It’s been terribly frustrating.

xeuncm

Tried installing Opera browser > enable VPN then fill up the form again. This worked for me.

mukund_kakkar
Casual Listener

At this point, I'm not dying to spend my money. If they dont want it so be it. I have been managing with ads I'll continue doing so. Why should the customer make an extra effort to purchase a service?

TheThat
Regular

I agree- at this point 5 dollars a month is too much for the effort. I forgot to mention, my school got verified but they verified it for the wrong account, and when I email about it they basically tell me to start from point one instead of acknowledging they made a mistake. Hands down the worst service from sheer id, and also from Spotify for not doing anything about it

Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'd love to help you out.

Can you open an incognito window on your PC? Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. Then you can try again selecting your school/university. 

If that doesn't help, we'd suggest you try on another device. It's also a good idea to try with another network.

@TheThat If the student discount is activated on another account, we'd suggest you click here and contact our support team. The folks there can look into this further and give you more information about it.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Brizingr
Casual Listener
I'm an Indian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to get student discount.Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The drop down box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

Just to check i used youtube music's sheerID  and my university is showing there. So I am sure that my university is eligible.I tried with other top universities of my country to see if the problem is with mine only but it isn't working for any colleges/Universities. I tried with multiple devices - my android phone and windows laptop using Chrome, Firefox(both in normal and incognito mode). Any advice on this issue will be really helpful . Thanks

metalbangg
Visitor

Hi I have tried this solution and not worked for me.

If anyone have any better solution, please let me know. 🙂

TheThat
Regular

Spotify does not seem to want to add my school - why I don’t know. I am a student, and I am paying tuition, and I am going to get a diploma, yet they don’t seem to want to give me the discount and when I email for support, I just get avoidance and bad answers- really disappointing 

Ivan

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If you're still experiencing this, keep in mind you might've encountered an Ongoing Issue that we're currently investigating. Check out this thread and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. You can also Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. 

If you don’t see your university or college listed at all this means it’s not being supported right now. However, you can get in touch with SheerID and request to add a college/university.

Tip: It can take at least 30 days for SheerID to get back to you.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

IvanModerator
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
SUGGESTED POSTS