Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

School/University Search Not Working

Solved!

School/University Search Not Working

I'm an Australian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to renew my student discount (I had it last year but it ran out a few months ago and I'm only just getting around to sorting it out). Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The dropdown box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

I know my university is one that SheerID works for, or at least, it has in the past. I tried typing in other larger universities in my area to see if anything came up at all or if it was just mine, but nothing would come up for any searches. I've tried on multiple devices - iPhone and iPad in Safari and then on Macbook Air 2013 in Chrome (both regular and incognito tab) and Safari. Any advice on how to get past this issue would be a godsend - thank you!

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey @DLS3198,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties with the SheerID website.

If you've tried verifying via this page:

We recommend that you subscribe to this thread. We'll keep you updated there with any news on the matter, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

159 Replies

Tried this, activated my vpn and it worked instantly. Thank you and stay safe! 

Hi, 

When I started using Spotify, I used a student plan for a good while. I then switched to a family plan with some friends for a cheaper deal, however, we recently discontinued using the family plan and now I want to revert back to the student plan. However, every time I try to select the college/university, the drop down menu does not work and thus I am stuck in a never-ending loop of trying to get the drop down menu to work. I have tried clearing my browser cache, using incognito mode/just using the normal browser, as well as using my computer and android device to no avail. 

Do I have to get a VPN just to resubscribe to the student plan, or is there another alternative? 

I have the same problem and I have tried those steps several times, but I haven’t seen any changes. The university still unresponsive thus showing only “loading...” and if I put my university on it, it will disappear. What should i do to fix it? 

It is not working now. The same issue i am facing now .... and I have tried everything as listed above. Please Help

I am having the same issue. No matter which country I choose, the list is still not working. The loading selection box just flashes for half second and disappears. I have tried all the solutions, like using safari, firefox, chrome, a private window, cleaning up cache before use. Spotify please fix this bug.

No matter which country I choose, the list is still not working. The loading selection box just flashes for half second and disappears. I have tried all the solutions, like using safari, firefox, chrome, a private window, cleaning up cache before use. Spotify please fix this bug.

Hey there,

We're seeing increased reports that the school drop-down list is not loading.

We are currently investigating this together with our partner SheerID.

In the meantime, if you're experiencing issues with the university/school drop-down list in the student verification form, make sure to:
  • clear cache and cookies in your browser
  • try opening the link in an incognito/private window or a different browser
  • try using a different network
  • try another device
If it still doesn't work, make sure to leave your vote on this thread, if you haven't already.

We'll post the latest updates on the matter here as soon as we have them.
Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Any update on this bug ? i've experienced the same bug. I got the same problem (loading box flashes). I've tried using many browser too with no result. Please at least give us some notice if this is a known bug.

I have the same problem. Clearing the cache, using incognito mode, and using the phone browser did not work. Can someone help us?

Hey folks,

Our tech team has done some work backstage which should fix this issue.

Could you give it another go and let us know if it works?

Make sure to also go through these steps, if the issue persists:

• clear cache and cookies in your browser
  • try opening the link in an incognito/private window or a different browser
  • try using a different network
  • try another device

Keep us posted!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I checked the URL used to retrieve the universities and if I use these ones to get high schools or corporate I do get results:

https://orgsearch.sheerid.net/rest/organization/search?type=HIGH_SCHOOL&country=ES

https://orgsearch.sheerid.net/rest/organization/search?type=CORPORATE

But for these ones with the universities there is nothing:

https://orgsearch.sheerid.net/rest/organization/search?type=UNIVERSITY&country=ES

https://orgsearch.sheerid.net/rest/organization/search?type=UNIVERSITY

Not sure if this helps in any way

Hello,

Unfortunately, today at 12pm the dropdown list is still empty. I tried to renew subscription through Chrome and Mozilla without luck. Even if I am connected to my College's eduroam wifi network, SheerID seems to ignore it (If you're a student on campus, make sure you're connected to campus WiFi for instant verification).

It seems that you may have "fixed" the problem since June several times, but SheerID seems to be inadequate. I prefered UNiDays.

Mike

I just tried to sign up for the student plan just to see if the drop down menu has been fixed and it works! Thank you for the quick response. 

Hey there @ecxcxcx, @Arnastria and @0Derece,

Thanks for reaching out.

Our tech team has implemented a possible solution to this.

Could you please try once more to activate the student discount using a private/incognito browser or a different device, if that's an option?

If that still doesn't fix things, make sure to leave your vote for the Ongoing Issue here. We'll post any updates on the matter there as soon as there are any.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Have nice day!

It's not working guys. Can you just fix it?

Hey there @ksienrzniczka,

Thanks for posting here and welcome to the Community.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Have great day. 

Oh I found it work today and I have subscribed to the premium. Maybe the only solution is to check it out every day to see if the sheerid works on that day?

I am currently trying to renew my spotify subscription, however the drop down menu will not display any schools or universities. I have tried 3 different browsers, 2 different devices, cleared cache and cookies on my device and tried an incognito window. It is still not working and I have now been charged £9.99 for my subscription this month instead of the student price of £4.99 due to being unable to renew my subscription because of this issue. Any help would be appreciated. 

Wednesday 5th August. I've tried all the suggested fixes today but nothing has worked, can't get the dropdown list of universities to appear at all.  

It's pretty pathetic from your partner that they need so much time to fix such a simple feature.
It's been months now!

Suggested posts