School/University Search Not Working

Solved!

School/University Search Not Working

sarah_knight
Casual Listener

I'm an Australian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to renew my student discount (I had it last year but it ran out a few months ago and I'm only just getting around to sorting it out). Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The dropdown box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

I know my university is one that SheerID works for, or at least, it has in the past. I tried typing in other larger universities in my area to see if anything came up at all or if it was just mine, but nothing would come up for any searches. I've tried on multiple devices - iPhone and iPad in Safari and then on Macbook Air 2013 in Chrome (both regular and incognito tab) and Safari. Any advice on how to get past this issue would be a godsend - thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

sunsuburb
Visitor

Hello there,

Yesterday I got in touch with SheerID about the same trouble.

Then I received the useful advice from SheerID, and I could success my verification.

So I want to share that with you!

On a computer:

1. Open the Google Chrome browser
2. Clear the cache of the browser
3. Log-in to your Spotify account
4. Submit a new request now at https://www.spotify.com and type the name of the school 

Please note that after typing in 3 or so characters, you should see a list of options, then kindly click the name of your school.

I really hope that above would make something good to you!

(Sorry for all my weird English expression because I'm Japanese)

View solution in original post

Ivan

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

The reason why you're experiencing this is that SheerID is currently reindexing their list of schools available in the drop-down menu each day for a few hours. This causes the menu not to work as expected or not to work at all. We've already reported to SheerID that some of our users might still face the issue. 

In case you experience it, make sure to try again in an incognito window or using a different device to ensure there's no old content displayed due to cached browser data. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

159 Replies

grassotmarina
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium Estudiantes

Country

España

Buenos días, estoy intentando renovar el plan Premium Estudiantes  pero no me permite añadir ninguna universidad. He seleccionado el país España y no me permite seleccionar ninguna universidad y cuando escribo el nombre de la universidad, se borra. Lo he intentado con dos dispositivos diferentes, con Safari y con Chrome, con navegación privada y con pestaña de incógnito y sigue sin permitirme poner la universidad.

Gracias

PedroCM9
Visitor

Hola, me ocurre el mismo problema. Al intentar renovar el descuento de estudiante, selecciono el país (España), pero no aparece ninguna universidad en la lista desplegable, y si intento escribir el nombre de mi universidad manualmente, me borra el texto. ¿Como puedo solucionarlo para renovar mi descuento de estudiante? Gracias.

Ver

Hey there @PedroCM9,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Hope you don't mind us replying in English as it's the Community's official language. 

We'd suggest you open an incognito window on our PC. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. Then you can try again getting verified here.

If the issue still persists, you can click here and give the steps mentioned there a go. You can also add your +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread, to stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

@aledropez Do you still experience this issue?

Hope this helps. If you have questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

grassotmarina
Casual Listener

Al final lo conseguí, lo intenté al día siguiente y me funcionó.

Muchas gracias

aledropez
Visitor

A mi me pasa lo mismo y lo he intentado muchas veces. Además no me avisaron cuando caducó mi licencia y me han cobrado el precio normal

Mihail

Hey there @grassotmarina,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the Community. The folks at our tech team are currently testing out a fix for this. Could you try getting verified once more, again using all previous troubleshooting steps if the issue persists?

We'd be happy if you keep us posted on your results in this Ongoing Issue.

Have a great day!

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

aerobot
Visitor

Hey - I have the same issue as here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/School-drop-down-list-on-SheerID-International-verif...

It seems a couple of months old now. I've tried on different devices, different browsers, incognito .etc to no luck - any progress?

Katerina

Hey there @DLS3198,

Thanks for posting this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, have you taken a look at the thread @Elena linked above? We've shared an update there recently regarding this that could help.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

DLS3198
Casual Listener

As I said yes I have tried all of the above

Mihail

Hey @DLS3198,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties with the SheerID website.

If you've tried verifying via this page:

We recommend that you subscribe to this thread. We'll keep you updated there with any news on the matter, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

DLS3198
Casual Listener

So I have to continue to pay more money than necessary and there’s nothing I can do about it...

Elena

Hey there @aerobot!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We can confirm that this is still under investigation and we're working with SheerId to solve it.

In the meantime feel free to leave your details and +Vote here. Hopefully we'll have more info on this soon!

Keep an eye on the page for any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

ElenaModerator

DLS3198
Casual Listener

I’ve tried all of the above and it still doesn’t work I’ve been trying to do this for 3 days now and you’ve charged me £9.99 instead of £4.99. I did not need to be charged this if a simple drop down menu worked...

shash2409
Casual Listener

Hi I have the same issue. Tried your link and still the search/dropdown list of universities doesn't appear (irrespective of the University name I type). Have attached a screenshot.

Screenshot_20200612-004501.jpg

kennethscro
Casual Listener

Plan

Student Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Huawei Nova 3i

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I register my account as a Student Premium, the list of universities/college is not loading. It won't show the list of schools and when I type my school it says it's not eligible. I also asked my friend to try it but it's not loading any list of schools

<snip - Moderator Edit>

elandieluu
Visitor

Same! I've been registered to this for a year and it just expired. So now I'm trying to renew again since I entered a new school but no school appears when you click the dropdown. 

Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

@elandieluu Can you open an incognito window on your PC? Then you can try again selecting your university. If that doesn't help, you can try with another connection.

@Hediboukraa Can you share with us which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? That way we can see how to proceed further.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

CattMei
Visitor

It's also happening to me!

Just commenting to see if they resolve the issue but I think it may have to be done on a desktop or laptop

Alex

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out!

This issue is still being investigated and the respective teams are doing their best to resolve it in the near future.

For now make sure you subscribe to the Ongoing Issue thread and leave any of your troubleshooting feedback as a post. This will greatly help our team 🙂

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

a_andrea
Visitor

Same issue in Windows pc with Chrome, even in incognito mode.
Same issue in iPhone with Safari, Safari in incognito mode, trie with Wi-Fi and with personal 4G connection.

IS WORKING ON MICROSOFT EDGE INPRIVATE MODE!

SUGGESTED POSTS