Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Re: Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

smailaj
Music Fan

Why is this marked solved? I have not seen a solution yet. It seems shady to mark it as solved while you're still looking into it.

resetreflectt
Regular

Their mistake was going with an automated system. I know it's troublesome, but they really should've just generated codes for everyone, email them, and then let us manually input them. I really feel like that's what they should do for the people with this issue, is manually give them a code.

Woodenteef
Casual Listener

Having a similar issue except the Google home mini was never delivered to me - it got returned to Google due to incorrect address. Contacted Google and Spotify but still no resolution! I want to take advantage of the promotion before it ends! 😣

mrmagic416
Casual Listener

I think they’re seriously trying to scam people. My account was hacked ‘ I had to get my email reinstated on Spotify. They cancelled my account so in signing up again with my email, I received the offer. Now they are saying that the offer was sent to the hacked email account therefore I can’t receive “another“ offer!  That’s a lie since the offer was given to me After signing up again with my correct email!

Pline
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue and want to be added to the list of those who cannot redeem this generous special offer. I have been Spotify Family Premium for a while. I received the email stating I’m eligible for the offer, but no promo code when attempting to check out. I have seen the google home mini advertised for $29.99 on the google page and also on target, which is $20 less than what the cart is trying to charge me. . Thank you. 

Pline
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue and want to be added to the list of those who cannot redeem this generous special offer. I have been Spotify Family Premium for a while. I received the email stating I’m eligible for the offer, but no promo code when attempting to check out. I have seen the google home mini advertised for $29.99 on the google page and also on target, which is $20 less than what the cart is trying to charge me. . Thank you. 

Chevycobb
Music Fan

This won't be resolved.  Spotify scammed people to upgrade and join with an incentive and they will not hold up their part of the deal to help out.  

These things always end up with an empty apology and a free month or something that no one will care about.  Spotify does not care.

resetreflectt
Regular

I'm not willing to risk it but has anyone tried actually going through with the purchase anyways to see if it really charges you? Maybe we're all dummies and it's been working right all along. I don't have the money to risk it though

EFDisaster
Regular

There was definitely a real charge being authorized on my first purchase, before I canceled with Google. On my second one, the one that actually applied the promo to correctly, Google auto-canceled it, so none there, but no joy. My "chat transcript" with Spotify support says I'll be notified via email when this gets resolved. 

lemel
Casual Listener
no, that won't work. I did exactly that, and it will not refund, discount,
or otherwise credit your purchase.
SUGGESTED POSTS