Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ban Joe Rogan now!

Ban Joe Rogan now!

Profiting from the distribution of deadly misinformation is immoral and shameful! I am a paying subscriber and if you don't remove him I will leave.Profiting from the distribution of deadly misinformation is immoral and shameful! Another paying subscriber leaving Spotify for a platform that supports the art of music and not Faux News. Ps. It was easy to find a way to export my playlists.

454 Replies

I thought Spotify was about Music, not BS and false info??

Spotify Users Delete Accounts Over Neil Young-Joe Rogan Dispute

https://www.newsweek.com/spotify-users-delete-accounts-neil-young-joe-rogan-dispute-1673563

I'm with you. Rogan needs to go!!

Just need to find out how to export the playlists. Have you heard of or tried CoBuzz?

Absolutely! Spotify is supposed to be for music. Instead, they massively underpay artists, but are willing to establish a $100 mil deal to endorse and promote the massive spread if disinformation, which is quite literally killing people and assisting in the decline of American democracy. Not only this, but I was on with several customer support representatives for several hours today, and all but 1 was rude and dismissive regarding this.

Spotify has already removed over 20,000 other podcast episodes for COVID disinformation, which is totally appropriate, yet they won't touch Rogan. This company has showed its true colors. I have already moved all my playlists over to a different platform. Bye Spotify!

Spotify massively underpays actual musical artists, but are willing to establish a $100 mil deal to endorse and promote the massive spread if disinformation, which is quite literally killing people and assisting in the decline of American democracy. Spotify has already removed over 20,000 other podcast episodes for COVID disinformation, which is totally appropriate, yet they won't touch Rogan. 

Not only this, but I was on with several customer support representatives for several hours today, and all but 1 was rude and dismissive regarding this. This company has showed its true colors. I have already canceled my subscription, closed my account (had to open a new one to participate here, but will be deleting shortly), and moved all my playlists over to a different platform for free. Bye Spotify!

I used an app called SongShift! It was super easy and free

Maybe Spotify doesn't want to set the dangerous precedent of removing content creators just because another artist makes such a ridiculous demand.

Thanks for the email. I'm about to do the same thing, but can't figure out how to move my playlists over.

Can you provide a bit of info on this?

Carey

If you have an Apple or Android product, you can download the app. It will have you login to your Spotify account and whatever service you decide to transfer to. You can then choose which playlists you want to transfer from Spotify to whatever service, and it basically does everything for you. If it cannot find a particular song, it will ask you to either search for and find that song, or you can just ignore it, and those ones won't transfer.

I believe https://soundiiz.com/ is similar and works if you're using a computer rather than a phone.

Spotify massively underpays actual musical artists, but is willing to establish a $100 mil deal to endorse and promote the massive spread of blatant and intentional disinformation, which is quite literally killing people and assisting in the decline of American democracy. Spotify has already removed over 20,000 other podcast episodes for COVID disinformation, which is totally appropriate, yet they won't touch Rogan. There is a massive difference between having opposing viewpoints and intentionally spreading deadly disinformation. This is not cancelling anything, and Spotify is not supporting "free speech". This is asking Spotify, a huge company with a large base of consumers, to stop investing in and endorsing the spread of outright, blatant, intentional, harmful lies.

Not only this, but I was on with several customer support representatives for several hours today, and all but 1 was rude and dismissive regarding this. This company has showed its true colors. I have already canceled my subscription, closed my account (had to open a new one to participate here, but will be deleting shortly), and moved all my playlists over to a different platform for free. Bye Spotify!

I'm testing Tidal right now, seems pretty tidy, just like Spotify used to be, even has lossless, which spotify announced and never delivered, my way forward seems pretty clear to me, not looking forward to move all my playlists though -.-

I'm with Jeff!!!

even better than asking Spotify to do the right thing would be simply moving away from Spotify based on their choice to support hate groups (Joe Rogan, Alex Jones)

I heard T i d a l is a good alternative

https://soundguys.com/tidal-vs-spotify-37120/#:~:text=TIDAL%20has%20a%20larger%20music,the%20rest%20....

I was going to move to the premium because I finally justified the expense. I will not be sending any of my money to a company that chooses to keep a loud mouth, lying talking head over decades of music. Its freakin Neil Young spotify...goodbye

I’m ready to go with another music streaming app, if Spotify doesn’t show integrity and dump Joe Rogan. 

More and more will leave. There are better streaming services.

😎

Agree

I bought into Spotify as the best music streaming platform right when it started. And now, one of my favourite artists is leaving and Spotify is shilling it with a trashy conspiracy theorist.  Massively disappointed, and it will be a pain to move to another streaming platform - but I may if this doesn't change.

If they dump Rogan, I will quit Spotify. Not everyone shares your exact worldview, grow up.

Agreed. As if there is not enough variety and opinions on the platform already and freedom of speech is in danger. This show does not add to a fruitful discussion a bit, it takes advantage of democratic privileges to harm democracy itself. 
Furthermore it overshadows other shows by its dramatic and controversial style — but the louder the better wasn't true ever. 

But I guess Spotify — although being an European company — won't break this spiral of escalation and give up on some clicks and money this **bleep** generates. 

Suggested posts