Ban Joe Rogan now!

Jeff4Music
Music Fan

Profiting from the distribution of deadly misinformation is immoral and shameful! I am a paying subscriber and if you don't remove him I will leave.Profiting from the distribution of deadly misinformation is immoral and shameful! Another paying subscriber leaving Spotify for a platform that supports the art of music and not Faux News. Ps. It was easy to find a way to export my playlists.

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

11unuse
Regular

Spotify get rid of Rogan's podcast and all his lies!! I've been trying to cancel my premium Spotify account. I had no idea Spotify was broadcasting such misinformation on its platform. I would have cancelled my account long ago. I already added Apple Music to my Verizon account. Soon as I figure out how to cancel this account, I will.

View solution in original post

Solution!

nrbesq
Shame on Spotify for choosing an irresponsible personality  whose misinformation threatens the lives of thousands of people over Young!

Even twitter and facebook demonstrate some social responsibility.

Solution!

Captpt
Regular

Transfer playlist from Spotify to Apple Music. https://www.pocket-lint.com/apps/news/spotify/159955-how-to-spotify-playlists-to-apple-music

I went to Tidal and they have a great tool for transferring playlists over from Spotify.. actually everything about tidal is better then Spotify, from sound quality to it's format.. 

https://tidal.com/import-playlist 

Solution!

Intrepid_One
Visitor

Shame on Spotify higher ups for even considering putting someone like him on Spotify. I know the mentality of people making decisions like putting Joe Rogan on Spotify as they are chasing a market that will lead to bringing Spotify down to such a low level that will have no decorum. Is this what Spotify wants to be known for, chasing after people who support and think like Joe Rogan? Paying him 100 million dollars and expecting to make well over a 100 million dollars in revenue just because of him. I get it as well as getting the thinking of people with Antisocial Personality Disorder. If Spotify continues to keep Joe Rogan, I will cancel my account and move to another platform that has better decorum and ethics. Maybe time for some house cleaning at the top of Spotify so the company can get back to what it is known for and does best.

Solution!

pachilds
Casual Listener

This is not a problem with Rogan, it is a problem with the people running Spotify. Spotify, you are judged by the programs YOU exclusively support. My wife and I have used your service for years now, but currently looking for a replacement. Now it feels distasteful to open Spotify considering your companies values.

Your support of this vile man says more about Spotify than I think you care to have people know.  The stink of his racism and pandemic lies are on you now since you paid for his filth to be created.

442 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

On what grounds is a COVID-19 misinformation podcast allowed on a music platform?

kramdenyards
Regular

Welp, looks like it's gonna be Apple Music at my house. If Spotify insists on keeping a science-denying UFC announcer, well ... that's gonna do it for me. If you're going to value the "muscle-headed bro" demographic, you're well on your way. 

I just figured out I've spent almost 800 bucks on Spotify since I subscribed in 2017. I didn't wanna leave - I use Spotify for hours every day. It's gonna suck to switch. But **bleep** Joe Rogan and his boneheaded bro-world. I'm out. 

MutualDisdain
Music Fan

We're better off without you.

You talk about science like it's a religion. Science has always been about the open discussion of the merits of any claim. The fact that the top experts in various fields of science have gone on his show and questioned the official COVID narrative should have woken you up 

Yet here we are 2 years later with record covid deaths, psychologically damaged children, and a broken world economy it will take a generation to recover.

Thanks for destroying the world boomer Karen.

kramdenyards
Regular

"You talk about science like it's a religion." 
And you talk about science like a hick who thinks pecking around on the internet and listening to podcasts that tell you what you wanna hear equals research. 

MutualDisdain
Music Fan
The expert guests on Rogan cite their claims. You want to shutdown public discussion of scientific fact because you're hysterical.

Cebundy

With so many other apps out there, I cannot in good conscience support a company that profits from spreading sickness and death.  I can get my entertainment else where, thank you very much!

kramdenyards
Regular

Yeah? Who did Alex Jones cite? Who did Jordan Peterson cite? Who did Rogan cite when he said trans wasn't a thing? Were those peer-reviewed scientific journal citations? Please list. 

kramdenyards
Regular
try to keep up, Cletus.

MutualDisdain
Music Fan

Lol you seriously couldn't tell the difference between expert guests and comedic ones?

New suggestion: Spotify puts a warning on Joe's podcast just for you. I'm sure Spotify can detect your low IQ from your playlists.

Packrats

I agree.  I support Neil Young.  Joe Rogan is an imbecile.  Spotify needs to dump Rogan and support good common sense and community health.

Ace2acess

Very upset with Spotify! As a premium account member I think this is crazy for Spotify to support Joe Rogan spreading misinformation about covid. I will cancel my account and go back to Apple ITunes music. 

user-removed
Not applicable

same here partner!  I am trying to delete my account now; any one able to share how one may do that?

filipv

Spotify come to an agreement --> let's get Neil Young back !!!!!!

NurseMike
Visitor

Dear Spotify.  You have a responsibility to your listeners and musicians you represent to not add your company’s name to the list of misinformation spreaders.   Be a be on of sane reason and be a solution.  Stop allowing miss information.  And for god sakes get Neil Young back on Spotify!!!   There is always Amazon music….

e_p_
Casual Listener

It is absolutely inacceptable that Spotify still stands behind Rogan, the - in Spotify´s own words - "exclusive partner" for "original" content.

e_p_
Casual Listener
Agreement? Where´s it to find?

hauti123
Casual Listener

Also, I think it's insane to pay 100m$ for one podcast, even if it wasn't controversial. Let all artists have a fair share of that cake instead of stuffing it into the butts of a few selected ones (and their lawyers, agents, etc.)

Ralphy
Casual Listener

Absolutely agree with you. I've been Premium user for many years but I find it unacceptable that a "person" like Rogan gets his spot here. 

If they don't get rid of him next month, I'm moving to Tidal or Deezer (and yes, exporting your playlists is easier than I thought) 

TheHangryFarmer1776
Casual Listener

Whether its Newsmax, some cult newspaper or Spotify, we vote with our subscriptions. 

As much as I hate it, I'm leaving Spotify for another service over them profiting on deadly

misinformation. 

Thanks Neil for getting me fired up enough to change the channel. 

1200px-Neil_Young_Stavernfestivalen_2016_(220929).jpg

SUGGESTED POSTS