Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook connection not working?

Solved!

Facebook connection not working?

I'm brand new to Spotify and I joined at a friends suggestion; I created a Spotify account and then attempted to use "Find People" to locate my friend who wants to send me song suggestions but I couldn't find her. Then I realized that I probably needed to connect to Facebook in order to do that. So as per instructions I located here I went to Edit / Preferences / Social Network and clicked "Connect to Facebook" and filled out the login information and checked "Keep me logged in" and clicked Log In and a tab opens up in Firefox blank except for the word "Ok" and the Spotify Facebook login window becomes blank (all white) and if I close the window it seems like I'm still not connected.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is and how I can properly connect to Facebook?

- Chris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Peter:

No, I did not see that as I was concentrating more on the Spotify program than the website; once I selected that I was able to see my Facebook friends so I think that solves the problem.

Thanks!

- Chris

View solution in original post

28 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

What OS/Spotify version are you running?

Have you tried a quick Clean reinstallation of Spotify?

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi Anthony:

I'm using Windows 7 x64 SP1 and I just downloaded and installed Spotify a couple days ago and it says it's version 0.9.10.14.g578d350b; since I just installed it a couple days ago it would never occur to me to need to uninstall and reinstall just to fix this problem. But I just tried that and the exact same thing as I described in my inital message happened i.e. a tab opened in FireFox, blank except for the word "Ok" and the Facebook login window in Spotify is white and blank:

ScreenShot002.jpg

and apparently I'm still not logged into Facebook nor can I find the friend I'm looking for.

Idea's?

- Chris

Have you tried connecting to Facebook using the manual option on the right of your online overview page?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

(Then log out and back into the Spotify app)

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hi Peter:

No, I did not see that as I was concentrating more on the Spotify program than the website; once I selected that I was able to see my Facebook friends so I think that solves the problem.

Thanks!

- Chris

Unfortunately, I am having the exact same problem connecting with Facebook. I attempted to log on with Facebook on the Online overview page but it simply told me that I already had an account registered with my email. Any suggestions?

Having same issue - when I select Connect to Facebook from File menu it just gives me "OK" in the browser window and does nothing.  Attempts to login through facebook through the spotify website fail.

I have almost the same problem. I had spotify premium and connected profile with facebook. Then one day i log in with my facebook account and my premium is gone and also all my playlists. Then i logged out and tried to log in with my spotify username and it worked and all my playlists and premium was back but my connection to facebook dissapered so I tried to connect it again but it was also just a white screen with "OK". I can still see what my friends are listening to tho but i'm still not connected to facebook. What can I do? 

Bump

@1220502900 @luizaa @GamacP 

Can you try going to the link below to connect Facebook?

https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can't log in to webplayer or the Spotify website using Facebook from today. The buttons just cycle and nothing happens.

Firefox 34.0.5

Here s the solution: Unistall last verion of spotify and download and install version 0.9.10.21, sign in with spotify account, connect to facebook acount and after conected update to last version of spotify and sign in with spotify account

God bless you all

after trying to connect via mobile, linux preview app, and web, nothing was working. After I clicked the link MattSuda posted, re-signed into my desktop player, everything worked out! thanks

@naukofox 

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi, I have the same problem. I tried everything, also using your link, but nothing works. What do I do?

@irenecarpini 

I suggest you contact support. They might be able to help 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks! that worked for me.

MattSuda solution worked for me, thank you!!!

@awveer003 

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi MattSuda.

I have the same problem and when i click the link it says "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

Skærmbillede 2015-02-22 kl. 21.55.05.png

Suggested posts