Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Landscape orientation on Android

I use my iphone in my car for navigation and music. I prefer for my phone to be mounted in landscape orientation for navigation purposes, but the spotify app is hard to use when it is sideways.  constantly changing the orientation is inconvenient.  Could spotify implement a landscape orientation? even if it lacks some of the less important features.

Hello folks!

We are happy to announce that landscape mode is now on Android!

In order to be fair with iPhone users (half of the comments in this idea support iPhone) we have created a new idea just for iPhone users and added half of the kudos you folks added to this one.

If you are an Android user, we hope you are very happy and enjoy it!

If you are an iPhone user, give this idea some kudos!

Thanks so much everyone for every comment, vote and feedback. We really love that at Spotify.

Comments
ahachenberg

Absolutely.  Spotify needs landscape mode as i expect it a basic commodity that every application should provide.  I'm a potential paying customer and this absent feature poses to make me seek other options.

bradavon

Agreed. It's even more annoying on tablets (iPad and Android).

rfatz9191

What about adding landscape to spotify mobile?  I know that my car dock is in the landscape orientation and it is kind of annoying having spotify in a different direction than what I can read it. 

rlawley

+1.  Was really hoping to find this in the new version, but it's not there.  I also use my phone in landscape mode in a car dock.

boomski17

I as well use it in my car dock during road trips.  It is so annoying not to have landscape mode.  I also have a dock for my desk at work.  Spotify PLEASE add this feature.

Gilster

Will join the others who believe that the tablet app needs a landscape mode. Toshiba (and other) docking mechanisms use the landscape orientation and the new Spotify preview does not currently support landscape. THanks.

dubg

I think this is just part of being a preview release, but I certainly hope the final version will automatically rotate the screen based the orientation of the phone. Put the phone into my car dock this morning and the app didn't rotate the way it used to.

Otherwise I'm loving the new version!!

DSD

yes I agree, the new Spotify app for Android need to support landscape mode in order to be usable on tablets.

birginvlack

I think is very useful to use the android app with landscape mode, or with autorotation.  It is very uncomfortable use the app at car turning your head because the orientation is vertical. 

Tablets have landscape orientation, please for mobile too!!

neo-x

My Spotify does go vertical when connected to a car dock (Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Galaxy Note Car Dock). The ability is lacking from the iPhone/iPad support. I saw information about iPad app maybe on its way, but still a native support for having Spotify follow the sensors on the device and would rotate the screen and have the ability to lock the screen to a certain position maybe?

UPDATE | S*IT list:

Now that I upgraded my Mobile Spotify client on my Galaxy Note to the newest version available

I NO LONGER HAVE THE ROTATION! At the time of making a new software, you have broken the working

screen rotation when connected to car dock.

Old app followed the OS Rotate Screen option - new app _doesn't_ . Where can I get the old spotify client back.

I can't use this in my car anymore - which is why I have Premium to begin with.