Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

API blocked

Solved!

API blocked

Hi my name is Joe,

I am a software engineering student, and for the final project of my course I have been developing a songSharing app using Spotify’s web API, my project is due in a weeks time and the worst has happened my account has been ‘blocked’ from the API.

Im sure I didn’t go over the API rate limit as I have only made around 100 requests in the last week or so (according to my developers dashboard). 

I am using the read-user-private and user-currently-playing scopes, but the web app is not live and is hosted locally! And only my account has given authentication to the application! 

It has happened at an incredibly stressful time, I was wondering if anyone could help me out/advise me on what to do.

i am using the API through my account which is part of a family plan. 

I’m in the UK, and use a MacBook Air M2 2022.

i would really appreciate any help/guidance, 

thanks in advance! 

Joe 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Issue Sorted, I am embarrassed to say I had a syntax issue, not sure why it was retuning blocked, however i am very happy i can continue my final project 🙂 happy coding everyone 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Issue Sorted, I am embarrassed to say I had a syntax issue, not sure why it was retuning blocked, however i am very happy i can continue my final project 🙂 happy coding everyone 

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve this @joegr1 - good luck with the project!

Suggested posts