[Playlist] cannot create user's public playlist above 11,000

Solved!

[Playlist] cannot create user's public playlist above 11,000

Plan

Free

Country

US

Issue:

Currently, I have 11,000 public playlists. Now I am unable to create public playlist. I'm getting error like this.

curl -X "POST" "https://api.spotify.com/v1/users/9o6i28sa5bf1loprat4hgakuh/playlists" --data "{\"name\":\"New Playlist\",\"description\":\"New playlist description\",\"public\":true}" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H ""
{
  "error": {
    "status": 400,
    "message": "Bad request from playlist4"
  }
}

Is this error because of the user's free plan?

In the (Get a List of Current User’s playlists),  there is an offset parameter  which is limit to 100, 000. So I thought there was a playlist limit to 100k, but now I couldn't be able to create after I reached 11, 000

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, thanks for joining the Spotify Community!

That's an epic collection! Let's see what could be going on here. The limit of 10,000 is the maximum number of songs you can add to a playlist. Just to check; what happens when you create a playlist in the Spotify app/web player? Do you see an error message there, when you create a new playlist? Let me know!

Have a good one,
Hubo
HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, thanks for joining the Spotify Community!

That's an epic collection! Let's see what could be going on here. The limit of 10,000 is the maximum number of songs you can add to a playlist. Just to check; what happens when you create a playlist in the Spotify app/web player? Do you see an error message there, when you create a new playlist? Let me know!

Have a good one,
Hubo
HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, I'm now getting the same error when trying to create a (public) playlist for a user. I've never experienced this error with other users - what could be the cause of it?

Suggested posts