Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• srvaroa
  • Casual Listener
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes

Artist earnings detail how artists get paid by Spotify.

I am working on a node js project and I want to get the artist's earnings details from Spotify.Is there any API or resource to get the required details of the artists from Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • I am working on a node js project and I want to get the artist's earnings details from Spotify. Is there any API or resource to get the required details of the artists from Spotify?
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to use sound without a token

Hello, I create a application with spotify. I tried to play a song on spotify by id without an authentication or token. I tried with iFrame, ReactPlayer, autio .... but the soung do not start.Exist a method??

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I create a application with spotify. I tried to play a song on spotify by id without an authentication or token. I tried with iFrame, ReactPlayer, autio .... but the soung do not start. Exist...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    Hellp
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Client Credential flow allow add a track to queue?

PremiumSpain DeviceMacbook Pro 13" early 2015Operating SystemmacOS Monterey 12.6 My Question or IssueTrying to add songs to a queue from Web API to the same Spotify account that i own, but the response is: { "error" : { "status" : 403, "message" : "P...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Spain   Device Macbook Pro 13" early 2015 Operating System macOS Monterey 12.6   My Question or Issue Trying to add songs to a queue from Web API to the same Spotify ac...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authentication
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Hand Gesture Controlled Spotify Platform

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAll Available CountriesDevicePrimarily PCs and then the Mobile DevicesOperating SystemPrimarily Windows 10 and then the remaining OSMy QuestionAs an undergraduate Koc University EE student, for the Senior Design Project, I have...

• Plan Free/Premium Country All Available Countries Device Primarily PCs and then the Mobile Devices Operating System Primarily Windows 10 and then the remaining OS My Question As an undergrad...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to understand developer policies

Hi, Im a developer and recently my app got rejected because of "The product or service is integrated with streams or content from another service. The application is integrated with other services (e.g. Youtube) in a way that is prohibited" . My appl...

Screenshot_2.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi, Im a developer and recently my app got rejected because of "The product or service is integrated with streams or content from another service. The application is integrated with other services (e...
  • Mardubec
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • developer policies
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Episodes API not returning data

I'm not getting episode info back from the API. Are others seeing this? I tried using ids from the docs as well as ones I'm pulling off of urls. I tried hitting the API directly and through spotipy like so: import spotipy from spotipy.oauth2 import S...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not getting episode info back from the API.    Are others seeing this? I tried using ids from the docs as well as ones I'm pulling off of urls.   I tried hitting the API direct...
  • listenaddress
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie question: With available APIs, would I be able to....

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWith available APIs, would I be able to create a 3rd party app that creates a better sorting ...

• Visitor
  •     Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring libspotify back.

The only way I used Spotify was with a Foobar2000 component: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spotifyThis no longer works: https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2022/04/12/libspotify-sunset/I don't have a reason to keep using/ paying for Sp...

• Visitor
  • The only way I used Spotify was with a Foobar2000 component: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spotify This no longer works: https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2022/04/12/libspotify-suns...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

How can I get the redirect uri?

Hello, so I'm new to using Spotify for Developers, APIs and Redirect URIs. In fact I don't even know what a redirect URI even is. I have this shortcut on iOS that I want to use and I need to put in some information to make it work. I already created ...

• Hello, so I'm new to using Spotify for Developers, APIs and Redirect URIs. In fact I don't even know what a redirect URI even is. I have this shortcut on iOS that I want to use and I need t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Dashboard Empty Can't make an app

I've had Spotify Premium for several years. I'm also a streamer who uses an Elgato Stream Deck to control my Spotify so I don't need to tab out of what I'm doing to control my music. However, the plugin had an update recently that requires users to o...

Oaq3mun
  • I've had Spotify Premium for several years. I'm also a streamer who uses an Elgato Stream Deck to control my Spotify so I don't need to tab out of what I'm doing to control my music. However, the plu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Steam Deck
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Seek endpoint reports missing parameter, even though its present.

Calling the https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/seek endpoint consistently returns 400 Bad Request, as the parameter `position_ms` is supposedly missing. However, the parameter is in place in the request. This happens regardless of value set for the...

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 13.45.04.png Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 13.45.38.png Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 13.46.17.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Calling the https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/seek endpoint consistently returns 400 Bad Request, as the parameter `position_ms` is supposedly missing.   However, the parameter is in p...
  • sebastianwilczek
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

how to claim spotify podacast when 8-digit verification isnt going through?

i published my podcast with anchor, have entered correct e-mail and am even getting the 8-digit verification code, yet when i enter it, spotify displays "invalid code" even if it's not been an hour. what do i do?

• Visitor
  • i published my podcast with anchor, have entered correct e-mail and am even getting the 8-digit verification code, yet when i enter it, spotify displays "invalid code" even if it's not been an hour. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I change the category?

I uploaded my podcast from Anchor. The category is now set to american football, but i want to change it to football/soccer. I dont know how to do it, i cant fint anything either on anchor or spotify.

• I uploaded my podcast from Anchor. The category is now set to american football, but i want to change it to football/soccer. I dont know how to do it, i cant fint anything either on anchor or spotify.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Use Refresh Token on Client-Side Website hosted by Github Pages

Hi! I'm new to using the spotify API. I created a javascript function that would display my most recently played songs. However, after 1 hour the OAuth Token would expire. I read that refresh tokens are supposed to stop this from occurring, but I'm n...

• Hi!  I'm new to using the spotify API. I created a javascript function that would display my most recently played songs. However, after 1 hour the OAuth Token would expire. I read that refresh ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Obligation to connect spotify charts

Obligation to connect Spotify playlistsPlan:Free and Premium Country: USAU.S. Device:IOS and Android My question: We are developing a mobile app that allows a connection to spotify to listen to a playlist, however before playing the playlist, the use...

• Casual Listener
  • Obligation to connect Spotify playlists Plan: Free and Premium   Country: USA U.S.   Device: IOS and Android   My question:   We are developing a mobile app that allow...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify for Developers
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how to make the full track play instead of the 30 second version

i made an application on swift using api bases spotify and i have all the tracks playing for 30 seconds, what should i do to make the tracks play completely

• Visitor
  • i made an application on swift using api bases spotify and i have all the tracks playing for 30 seconds, what should i do to make the tracks play completely
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Source Software on the Car Thing

Hi! I was wondering if there was a place to download the source code for the software that is running on the Car Thing. Specifically Free and Open Source Software like u-boot and Linux, but also other pieces of code that fall under the same sort of l...

• Hi!   I was wondering if there was a place to download the source code for the software that is running on the Car Thing. Specifically Free and Open Source Software like u-boot and Linux, but ...
  • UDTQ
  • 1 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 16 likes

Quota and Scope Extension Request stuck

I've had a little bit of back and forth with my app quota extension request. The first 2 rejections were within a day or so of submission. My last submission is still unreviewed after 8 days. I realise that requests can take a while (IIRC I read 2 we...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had a little bit of back and forth with my app quota extension request. The first 2 rejections were within a day or so of submission. My last submission is still unreviewed after 8 days. I reali...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Developer] Access private playlists in folders (no need for a new endpoint)

I know there is no API endpoint for folders and the idea for this has been posted several times. But as soon as playlists are put into a folder I cannot retrieve them from the API. Would be amazing to be able to access all private playlists (regardle...

• Casual Listener
  • I know there is no API endpoint for folders and the idea for this has been posted several times. But as soon as playlists are put into a folder I cannot retrieve them from the API.    Wou...
  • ombudsmannen
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Developer
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes