Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• liampronan
  • Casual Listener
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes

Forbidden Error

When I try to make a request (for example to get the current song name) comes a forbidden error.The access token is definitely correct and has all scopes.Btw I use a Java wrapper (i.e. Spotify API for Java) but this is the status message of thespotif...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to make a request (for example to get the current song name) comes a forbidden error. The access token is definitely correct and has all scopes. Btw I use a Java wrapper (i.e. Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Monetization of a jukebox app

Just wondering if I am allowed to monetize an jukebox APP. Lets say someone has to pay to add a song to the list. Is this possible?

• Casual Listener
  • Just wondering if I am allowed to monetize an jukebox APP. Lets say someone has to pay to add a song to the list.   Is this possible?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify coverart is low quality and pixelated on Sonos

please fix / update the issue of Spotify artwork accessed from Sonos Playlists are distorted, or pixelated. Discussion on Sonos forum: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/spotify-album-artwork-is-distorted-6876690 Seems t...

• please fix / update the issue of Spotify artwork accessed from Sonos Playlists are distorted, or pixelated.   Discussion on Sonos forum: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
    coverart
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

How can I get results from Web-API queries without using JavaScript?

I've been trying to set up Spotify Web-API for use on my own site for 1 week, but I couldn't get any results. With the help of the document below, I created a simple query interface over nodeJS.Authorization Code Flow | Spotify for Developers You nee...

vSky_0-1666438603421.png vSky_1-1666439375412.png
  • I've been trying to set up Spotify Web-API for use on my own site for 1 week, but I couldn't get any results. With the help of the document below, I created a simple query interface over nodeJS....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authorize
    Get
    Help
    how
    howto
    javascript
    nodejs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Putting the spotify in my software

I am creating a game, and i want to let players to log in on spotify inside my software and listen to the musics inside the game… is that possible? if it is … what should i do for this can be possible?

• Visitor
  • I am creating a game, and i want to let players to log in on spotify inside my software and listen to the musics inside the game… is that possible? if it is … what should i do for this can be possibl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • developing.partnership
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Prevent playback api from making a new device every connect

I'm trying to create a web player but every time a user connects to the player it creates a new device. Is there a way to prevent this so every time a user connects it doesn't do this? Edit: Additionally I can't remove these web players. Even when I ...

Dustindowell22_0-1664103153764.png
  • I'm trying to create a web player but every time a user connects to the player it creates a new device. Is there a way to prevent this so every time a user connects it doesn't do this?   &...
  • bennybtl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Discussion
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

In review for a few weeks

Hello , we are in revision for a few weeks (almost 3) an idea if it is normal this delay?We really need to launch the application quickly Thx for your time

• Casual Listener
  • Hello 👋, we are in revision for a few weeks (almost 3) an idea if it is normal this delay? We really need to launch the application quickly  Thx for your time  
  • Imachumphries
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

New idea for spotify use

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Where should i discuss
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ads API does not support adding an Advertiser Name field

Feature Request -Add an Advertiser name field in the spotify Ads API to show different advertiser names in spotify ads according to the client requirements.

• Casual Listener
  • Feature Request - Add an Advertiser name field in the spotify Ads API to show different advertiser names in spotify ads according to the client requirements.
  • charlotte48
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't unblock a song i accidently blocked

I accidently blocked a song while listening to it on my weekly routine, even though i have it in several playlists already. My problem is, i just can't unblock it, it's gotta be a bug. Nothing happens when I press "unblock" or press the red circle wi...

• I accidently blocked a song while listening to it on my weekly routine, even though i have it in several playlists already. My problem is, i just can't unblock it, it's gotta be a bug. Nothing happen...
  • geovanebento
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to connect to Spotify app after a while

I'm currently implementing the Spotify app remote into my application but after a while if the Spotify app is in the background and I try to connect the Spotify app by waking it up from my app, I get this error. Error Domain=com.spotify.app-remote Co...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm currently implementing the Spotify app remote into my application but after a while if the Spotify app is in the background and I try to connect the Spotify app by waking it up from my app, I get...
  • Sikky99
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding scope to Client credentials calls

HiI'm sending request with Client credentials according to instructions. I get my Bearer token and this works with some endpoints. When I'm trying to send requests to some Spotify API endpoints I'm getting 403 e.g. post for creating a playlist, or ev...

• Hi I'm sending request with Client credentials according to instructions. I get my Bearer token and this works with some endpoints. When I'm trying to send requests to some Spotify API endpoint...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authorization
    Client credentials
    Scope
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iframe embed in Preview mode when containerized (Docker) in AWS EC2 instance.

App Link: http://ec2-54-183-154-39.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.comI understand the Iframe is connected to whether the User is logged into their web-based Spotify account which I believe is ensured when the User connects their account to my web-app. I...

• ...However when the app is dockerized and hosted on an AWS EC2 instance, the Iframes seem to not register that the User is logged in when accessing the Public IPv4 DNS, given that it renders the I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • AWS
    Developer
    Docker
    EC2
    embed
    iframe
    preview
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to change my spotify APP owner

I want to change my spotify APP owner but I cant find that option in my dashboard, neither a private support email for devs, how can I do that?

• Visitor
  • I want to change my spotify APP owner but I cant find that option in my dashboard, neither a private support email for devs, how can I do that?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback player for your react app

Did you integrate with the Playback SDK into a React app and don't know how to build a player? I have the solution react-spotify-playback-player is a player agnostic to your application, that is, integrate the SDK as you wish.This solution is robust ...

• Regular
  • Did you integrate with the Playback SDK into a React app and don't know how to build a player?   I have the solution react-spotify-playback-player  is a player agnostic to your applicatio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Confusion regarding developer policy on analyzing Spotify Content or Service

Regarding the developer policy: III. Some prohibited applications -> 13. Do not analyze the Spotify Content or the Spotify Service for any purpose, including without limitation, creating new or derived listenership metrics, benchmarking, functionalit...

• Casual Listener
  • Regarding the developer policy:    III. Some prohibited applications -> 13. Do not analyze the Spotify Content or the Spotify Service for any purpose, including without limitation...
  • JH96
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

advertisement that is shown on the Spotify app, will force open

Every time this advertisement shows up while I'm using Spotify, it force opens itself on my web browser. So if I'm in a game and i tab back, to my web page, it will have 12+ tabs open of just this one advertisement. even if you close the browser or a...

• Every time this advertisement shows up while I'm using Spotify, it force opens itself on my web browser. So if I'm in a game and i tab back, to my web page, it will have 12+ tabs open of just this on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I gain access to Spotify Live API

Hi!As a part of my team, I build a product that allows our users to stream directly to different social media accounts like YouTube or Twitch simultaneously. We are planning to give our users the possibility to stream their audio to Spotify Live as w...

• Hi! As a part of my team, I build a product that allows our users to stream directly to different social media accounts like YouTube or Twitch simultaneously. We are planning to give our users the p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes