Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• nathancheshire
  • Casual Listener
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes

Local files not working on iOS 16

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueI downloaded songs that aren’t on Spotify on my phone, and trigerred « local files » in the settings but the songs don’t show up in the local files playlist. I tried a l...

•   Plan Premium Country France Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue I downloaded songs that aren’t on Spotify on my phone, and trigerred « local files » ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "ISSUE"
    (iOS)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Difficulty adding sdk to android studio chipmunk

I'm trying to add the Spotify app remote sdk to android studio but I'm having some difficulties. This guide: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/android/quick-start/ references an older version of android studio where you can import .aar file...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to add the Spotify app remote sdk to android studio but I'm having some difficulties. This guide: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/android/quick-start/ references an older versi...
  • arlomedia
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

signup/public/v1/account endpoint.

Hello! I cannot find documentation on the spclient.wg.spotify.com/signup/public/v1/account endpoint. Is it available? How do I use it?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I cannot find documentation on the spclient.wg.spotify.com/signup/public/v1/account endpoint. Is it available? How do I use it?
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Soptify as a partner

Good morning!We are developing a mobile application (Android & iOs) where each user should be able to select and display favorite songs.How to use the Spotify API I don't think it will be a problem for our development team.My question is regarding wh...

• Visitor
  • Good morning! We are developing a mobile application (Android & iOs) where each user should be able to select and display favorite songs. How to use the Spotify API I don't think it will be a p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Implement sort&filter feature on a playlist

I have a great suggestion which makes the app more beautiful & makes the users more happy. It will be a great feature if you implement sort & filter option on a playlist. As a user I would like to have it & I think every user needs it. The sort filte...

• Visitor
  • I have a great suggestion which makes the app more beautiful & makes the users more happy. It will be a great feature if you implement sort & filter option on a playlist. As a user I would li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Quota Extension Request for Shmack

PlanPremiumCountryUSA My Question or IssueHi, I submitted my app for a quota extension for the second time after being previously rejected. Our client ID is 094f1d26a6564291a73dd3dc29610bdf and our app name is Shmack. I was hoping to receive an updat...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   My Question or Issue Hi, I submitted my app for a quota extension for the second time after being previously rejected. Our client ID is 094f1d26a656...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
    quota extension request
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! GET request in nodejs isn't working

https://replit.com/@BeatMusicTeam/BeatMusic#index.jsThat is where the code is

• Casual Listener
  • https://replit.com/@BeatMusicTeam/BeatMusic#index.js That is where the code is
  • sonicx180
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Querying for a Track using Audio Features

I'm building a recommender system using data from Spotify's API and the Million Playlist Dataset and was wondering if there's as way to query the API by audio features, which is what my recommender is outputting? It would be nice to have more up to d...

• Visitor
  • I'm building a recommender system using data from Spotify's API and the Million Playlist Dataset and was wondering if there's as way to query the API by audio features, which is what my recommender i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify extension rejected

The rejection message was "You must have a mechanism for users to disconnect from the app", however my app does not store any user information, so there are no accounts to disconnect

• Casual Listener
  • The rejection message was "You must have a mechanism for users to disconnect from the app", however my app does not store any user information, so there are no accounts to disconnect
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify available in 64bit

when installing 32bit type spotify application in windows 32bit os its working well. But try to install spotify windows 10 64bit type its not installed

• Casual Listener
  • when installing 32bit type spotify application in windows 32bit os its working well. But try to install spotify windows 10 64bit type its not installed
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can not access Spotify.com when desktop site enabled in we browser opera, chrome etc..

can not access Spotify.com when desktop site enabled in we browser opera, chrome etc.. the website goes in loop when desktop site is enabled using mobilephone and opera, chrome as browser.

• can not access Spotify.com when desktop site enabled in we browser opera, chrome etc.. the website goes in loop when desktop site is enabled using mobilephone and opera, chrome as browser. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify quota extension hasn't been replied to, It's been 2 weeks.

I sent a request to Spotify like a month back and it was rejected, so I made changes and created a new request and it hasn't been responded to.

• Casual Listener
  • I sent a request to Spotify like a month back and it was rejected, so I made changes and created a new request and it hasn't been responded to.
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! crash when launching after installing iOS SDK

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPad Pro 10.5"Operating SystemiOS 16.2 My Question or IssueI'm implementing the iOS SDK in my app for the first time. I've completed the setup steps in the Quick Start guide and added the configuration code. Xcode doesn't s...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPad Pro 10.5" Operating System iOS 16.2   My Question or Issue I'm implementing the iOS SDK in my app for the first time. I've completed the setup step...
  • arlomedia
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

El pago fue cobrado dos veces y no tengo esa opción de pago ayuda

Se realizó un cargo a mi cuenta del plan que Tengo. Días después se volvió a realizar el cargo necesito ayuda, necesito ese dinero

• Visitor
  • Se realizó un cargo a mi cuenta del plan que Tengo. Días después se volvió a realizar el cargo necesito ayuda, necesito ese dinero
  • Prague
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

API connector to a webApp

Hello there! I want to build a Spotify ads connector for some users in my company.Where they will connect to their Spotify User from my system I will pull all the relevant metrics for them. My question is - Do I need any kind of permission to do that...

• Visitor
  • Hello there! I want to build a Spotify ads connector for some users in my company. Where they will connect to their Spotify User from my system I will pull all the relevant metrics for them. ...
  • Prague
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Authentication not working in a live server | Django, Spotipy

I am using Django and when I run a local server at localhost:8000, this piece of code works as intended: spotipy.Spotify( auth_manager=SpotifyOAuth( redirect_uri=config["REDIRECT_URI"], client_id=config["SPOTIPY_CLIENT_ID"], client_secret=config["SPO...

Aspecturu_0-1657497080193.png
  • Casual Listener
  • ...odify playlist-modify-private playlist-modify-public", cache_handler=spotipy.DjangoSessionCacheHandler(request), ) ).current_user()  It redirects me to http://l...
  • Kelvxn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Django
    Spotipy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! player transfer to Echo-Dot-Groups failing

I can use the /v1/me/player/devices endpoint to get the IDs of all my groups, including the echo dots. It is noteable that the IDs look very different. While the spotify computer/tablet/phone apps generate a hex-number, the Alexa Dots generate a GUID...

• Roadie
  • I can use the /v1/me/player/devices endpoint to get the IDs of all my groups, including the echo dots. It is noteable that the IDs look very different. While the spotify computer/tablet/phone ap...
  • wolfgang_bures
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Removing Certain Tracks not Working

PlanPremiumCountryUSA My Question or IssueWhen using the Spotify API (specifically, through Spotipy), certain requests to remove tracks don't work. 95% of them do. I am in fact sending the linked_from uri when appropriate. The tracks that don't remov...

• Plan Premium Country USA   My Question or Issue When using the Spotify API (specifically, through Spotipy), certain requests to remove tracks don't work. 95% of them do.    I a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • remove_tracks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No active device when there is clearly music running

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceEcho devicesOperating SystemAPI My Question or IssueI send a play command to the API. I give spotify the playlist, the offset and the device. Spotify starts the playlist on the desired offset on the designated device (e...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Echo devices Operating System API   My Question or Issue I send a play command to the API. I give spotify the playlist, the offset and the d...
  • Tsamsi
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

when song finishes playing in a playlist, the next song is not part of it

when i tap a playlist, a song from the playlist will play but then when it finishes playing that first song, the next song is always a song not part of the playlist.

• Casual Listener
  • when i tap a playlist, a song from the playlist will play but then when it finishes playing that first song, the next song is always a song not part of the playlist.
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes