Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• liampronan
  • Casual Listener
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes

Playlist Returns Incorrect Songs through API or Embeds

My Question or IssueI seem to have come across a bugged playlist:Name: "2000s Mix" - by SpotifyID: 37i9dQZF1EQn4jwNIohw50https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EQn4jwNIohw50When querying the playlist through the API, or when embedding the playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I seem to have come across a bugged playlist: Name: "2000s Mix" - by Spotify ID: 37i9dQZF1EQn4jwNIohw50 https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EQn4jwNIohw50 Wh...
  • jweilhammer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    bug
    Bug Playlist
    embed
    Playlist functionality
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fetch redirect URI?

So, in the OAuth2 thing, the user gets a URL to the OAuth2 Confirmation page. They click accept/decline, and they get redirected to the Redirect URI. How do I fetch that URI?

• Regular
  • So, in the OAuth2 thing, the user gets a URL to the OAuth2 Confirmation page. They click accept/decline, and they get redirected to the Redirect URI. How do I fetch that URI?
  • zoltan69
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Help
    oAuth2
    Python
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Retrieve recently played podcasts

Is there a way to get a user's recently played podcasts? I know there is for music (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/player/get-recently-played/), but I was surprised that this doesn't seem possible with podcasts. I feel ...

• Is there a way to get a user's recently played podcasts?    I know there is for music (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/player/get-recently-played/), but I wa...
  • egriff38
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Podcast API
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

add scope in request token in C#

PlanPremiumCountryFranceHi, I'm trying to get the token but I need some scope to be added , this code works for any other request that don't require scope... Can you point me in the right direction please ... public string GetAccessToken() { string u...

• Regular
  • ...he right direction please ... 😃               public string GetAccessToken() { string url5 = "https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token"; var clientid = " my c...
  • SanshooSenshi
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • access token scope Csharp
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

v1/me/player/devices always returns an empty array

PlanPremium CountryPoland DevicePC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor a few days my application that uses api spotify has stopped working, all accounts to which I have access suddenly stop getting devices and old device_id does not wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Poland   Device PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For a few days my application that uses api spotify has stopped working...
  • schattenwantler
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify desktop client not submitting data to the API

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueStraight to the point. My spotify client isn't sending nor receiving data from the api and spotify connect. Yes i've checked my firewalls and yes i have tried tur...

zVnVh0HSo4.png
  • Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue Straight to the point. My spotify client isn't sending nor receiving data from...
  • Ron0x
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 19 likes

Playlist

My Question or Issue Is it possible using any Spotify endpoints to check who streamed a particular playlist or song and if the streaming was completed.

• Visitor
  •   My Question or Issue   Is it possible using any Spotify endpoints to check who streamed a particular playlist or song and if the streaming was completed. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

mejorar la lista de me gusta

Hello good morningI have seen in the application that a song that you like can be stored in the list several times It would be good and important that the application detects the repeated songs of my list of likes and only allows one, so data or repr...

• Visitor
  • Hello good morning I have seen in the application that a song that you like can be stored in the list several times   It would be good and important that the application detects the repeated ...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • improve likes list
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I want the app access for my project

I want to app access for my project. just i got the only one check box . I haven't get the "need permission for the commercial use in my project". kindly give me access for my project .I'll share the attachments.

Screenshot (192).png
  • Casual Listener
  • I want to app access for my project. just i got the only one check box . I haven't get the "need permission for the commercial use in my project". kindly give me access for my project .I'll share the...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • access token
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Refreshing access token does not reuturn new refresh token

The documentations states that the following request should return a new refresh token: Sample cURL requestcurl -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \ -d 'grant_type=refresh_token' \ -d 'refresh_token=bOP-ycJHioNwO9QNqCpaREE4jInOjigq7...

• Casual Listener
  • The documentations states that the following request should return a new refresh token:   Sample cURL request curl -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \ -d 'grant_type=refr...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • api
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Authentication Flow

I have a form input box in my HTML template which takes input from the user (their Spotify username). I also have a list of Spotify URIs for tracks ready to populate the playlist with.I followed Spotipy's documentation regarding obtaining a token for...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a form input box in my HTML template which takes input from the user (their Spotify username). I also have a list of Spotify URIs for tracks ready to populate the playlist with. I followed Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • soptify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Any way to get streaming history json file/data from API and not requesting it from Spotify?

Is there a way to download the json file for my streaming history instantaneously with the API and Python rather than waiting for Spotify to prepare it and email me that it is ready? Thanks!!

• Gig Goer
  • Is there a way to download the json file for my streaming history instantaneously with the API and Python rather than waiting for Spotify to prepare it and email me that it is ready?   Thanks!...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Question
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Developer] Brand Marketing Project

My name is Gabrielle, I am a student at Ringling College of Art and Design located in Sarasota, Florida. I am pursuing graphic design and marketing throughout my college courses, and currently I am enrolled in a 4D Design class, which has assigned a ...

• Visitor
  • My name is Gabrielle, I am a student at Ringling College of Art and Design located in Sarasota, Florida. I am pursuing graphic design and marketing throughout my college courses, and currently I am e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Do I need approval for making a commercial app?

The page here seems to state that you do https://developer.spotify.com/support/ But there seems to be no way to do it https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-for-Developers/Where-I-can-get-the-written-approval-for-my-app/m-p/4992788#M692 Is this som...

• Casual Listener
  • The page here seems to state that you do https://developer.spotify.com/support/   But there seems to be no way to do it https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-for-Developers/Where-I-can-get-...
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • App Aproval
    approval
    Commercial
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Igonre artist using API

Hi, I have a question about API functionality. Is it possible to ignore artist using spotify API?

• Hi, I have a question about API functionality. Is it possible to ignore artist using spotify API?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Igonre artist using API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

client id is again different on Spotify and Developer.spotify

PlanFreeCountry Netherlands DeviceMac miniOperating SystemMac Monterey My Question or IssueI get a different Client id every time I go to Developer.spotify.com. I had multiple accounts but deleted all accounts and started over with a new one. I have ...

• Plan Free Country  Netherlands   Device Mac mini Operating System Mac Monterey   My Question or Issue I get a different Client id every time I go to Developer.spotify.com...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] AuthorizationClient logout

Hi,I'm starting to use the Android SDK and I did the Authentification in Kotlin like this : val request = getAuthenticationRequest(AuthorizationResponse.Type.TOKEN, showDialog) AuthorizationClient.openLoginActivity(this, Constants.AUTH_TOKEN_REQUEST_...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm starting to use the Android SDK and I did the Authentification in Kotlin like this :           val request = getAuthenticationRequest(AuthorizationResponse.Typ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    AuthorizationClient
    logout
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get all track items from a specific genre

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to get all the tracks from a certain genre.For example if I use the endpoint /search with the query:q = "genre:Techno year:2021" I get 10000 total tracks. The Offset parameter is limited to 1000. So how do I g...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    I was wondering if there is a way to get all the tracks from a certain genre. For example if I use the endpoint /search with the query: q = "genre:Techno year:2021"   I...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Search API
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Fetching metrics of a campaign only returns the metrics of the first adset

I'm trying to make a request to get the metrics of a campaign, where the metrics of the ad sets are aggregated. However, the response is only returning the metrics of the first ad set. The campaign has 2 ad sets, 1 is ACTIVE and the 2nd one is COMPLE...

• I'm trying to make a request to get the metrics of a campaign, where the metrics of the ad sets are aggregated. However, the response is only returning the metrics of the first ad set.   The c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Metrics
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"We’d love to hear from you" - how is that done?

On this page named "Spotify for Developers :https://developer.spotify.com/one can read:"We’d love to hear from you.You’re a big part of why Spotify is the best audio platform for developers. So please get in touch with your thoughts about how we can ...

• Music Fan
  •   On this page named "Spotify for Developers : https://developer.spotify.com/ one can read: "We’d love to hear from you. You’re a big part of why Spotify is the best audio platform for deve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes